• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Z-Plus

B_KatzOP

Just picked up a Z-Plus torch insert. Haven't had a chance to use it to many times. I've heard some people have problems with them. Anyone have anything to say about it?

Edit: Probably should of asked around before i purchased it, oh well. :D

I love mine in my XI point Zippo. Only bad side about it is the tank for the fuel is just WAY to small. Other than than, its nice IMHO. I have a travel case of it that the DOT will allow it on a plane in the checked luggage. Now I wished I could take fuel with me because I would be set. :laugh:

I love mine also. It allows me to carry my 33 yr old CVT 16, aka USS Lexington, Zippo. Tank is way too small however.

Doc.

I have two, love them both, but have to agree that the tank is too small.

I guess the tank may be too small in relation to what one is used to. Me, I had a German-made gas insert for my Zippo about 10 years ago. Now it had a small fuel capacity and a soft flame, to boot. It gave up the ghost a few years ago and I looked all over for a replacement but came up empty. Then I found the Z-Plus and I love it. It has a much better capacity than the old insert and is much more reasonably priced. But I guess old habits die hard because I probably fill mine much more often than I really need to. It's Tuesday? Fill it up. It's 5:23pm? Fill it up. Gotta take a leak? Fill it up.

I agree with everyone else my Z-Plus is awsome aside from the fuel capacity, okay for solo use in a Herf good luck. :laugh:

Wow!!! I wonder why I've had so much trouble with mine? Altitude maybe? I thought maybe it was the quality of butane, but the more I think about it, I've only used the vector fuel in this one. Not only will it not stay lit half the time, not the button sticks down and leaks gas too.

Had a hard time refilling mine when it was "out" until I purged it completely and then refilled it. Other than that, it's all good.

---John Holmes...

Yeah, first time i filled it up... well, thats it?!?! However it does serve it's purpose very well. Butane isn't expensive either, so ill deal with the tank. Finally got to use it some more today.

I have 4 and love them, no problems in the year and half that I have had them.

Same here on loving it but the tank is too small.

I've found that I need to turn the adjustment all the way to the minus side, purge the tank, then fill to get the best results (pretty much the same thing with my other lighters).

I'm going to buy at least one, maybe two more. I just wish I could find an insert with a soft flame. I'd be in heaven...

I like my Z-Plus! :thumbs: Only complaint is I sometimes have to beat it upside-down against the palm of my hand to shake air bubbles loose.

Mine has worked great for over a year now. I like it a lot.

When refilling, it is difficult to tell when it is full of fuel, but functionally it works great and has been reliable.

P.S. Unlike Prometheus or Colibri lighters, you cannot attempt the flame adjustment on the Z-Plus if there is gas in the lighter. I almost shot my eye out!

Tank is small, but it's very reliable (just keep it maintained like any other good torch, blow out the jets every now and then, purge often, etc.)