• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zippo collectors?

ZippoVette

I collect Zippo lighters...and was wondering if anyone else here has a collection.

I have one I use, and the rest are displayed on shelves. I have old used ones, and brand new never used ones...39 in all, the oldest dating back to 1938, and has a collectable value of almost $800.

anyone else?

I don't collect them, but I wouldn't mind seeing your collection. Do you have the photographed, that you could post a link too?

A couple of my friends at school are into collecting Zippos. The only problem is that they always want to light their stogies with them, and they know why they shouldn't! :rolleyes:

I don't collect them, but I wouldn't mind seeing your collection. Do you have the photographed, that you could post a link too?

Click the link in my sig for my online photo album. The first pic that loads is my current collection. I've added a few since, but noting special.

The one that started it all was a 1978 I was given by my girlfriend. We were cleaning out some of her grandfather's stuff after he passed away.
I learned the date codes, found a few more at some yard sales, and then it was on from there.

The stuff on the left is used...various years...the prize being the 1938 I bought for $3. I searched for info on the net about it...was contacted by a fellow in the UK that offered to buy it sight unseen for $750 with a mis-dated insert. The insert is not a 1938, but I'm currently searching for one.

The stuff on the right is all brand new unfired and unfilled. The 75th anniversary with the red flame on the front is a numbered limited edition...with a Swarovski crystal in the flame.

The one direcly above the "Seductive Stare" (lower left of the new stuff) is silver plated...found that one at a flea market for $8.

Each Zippo is date coded on the bottom...I can easily identify the year of both the insert and the case. If it's not a "theme" lighter, it has no name. But, if a theme or paint scheme is present, Zippo gives their lighters names..."Seductive Stare", "The Wall" (Vietnam wall) "Windy", and "Funky Cat" are a few examples of what I have.

As a quick sidenote...I'm always on the lookout for deals.

Even though I'm not a cigarette smoker, I signed up with several companies to receive free promotional offers. Sometimes, they are Zippo lighters.

If anyone ever learns of such an offer, post it up here...I'm always ready to add to my collection.