• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Acronyms for young and old

Here's a couple that might be of particular use in both the Humidor and Cuban Cigar forums

RTFM - Read The Fucking Manual

PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

And one more for you that I'll use in a sentence. If you don't get it, read it again - it'll come to you eventually. :p "Oh that? It wasn't a big deal. The guy was all worked up due to an ID10T error."

- Tim

Thanks for the info. One thing I haven't been able to find however is the origin of Herf (and yes I have check the search box). Is it an acronym, an abbreviation, something else? Can someone enlighten this newbie? I know this can't be a first time request, so please bear with me.

Thanks for the info. One thing I haven't been able to find however is the origin of Herf (and yes I have check the search box). Is it an acronym, an abbreviation, something else? Can someone enlighten this newbie? I know this can't be a first time request, so please bear with me.

The term "Herf" used to describe the smoking of a cigar comes from the 1960's in America when many cigar smokers listened to Herf Alpert and the Tijuana Brass while smoking their favorite stogie. The music was latinesque and thus provided an atmosphere of semi-cuban reminiscence. Soon, cigar smokers began to say things like "I was with the Brass last night and the Herf was so good I thought I was in Havana." Thus, we can all thank Herf Alpert for his influence on 'garbonics.

The term "Herf" used to describe the smoking of a cigar comes from the 1960's in America when many cigar smokers listened to Herf Alpert and the Tijuana Brass while smoking their favorite stogie. The music was latinesque and thus provided an atmosphere of semi-cuban reminiscence. Soon, cigar smokers began to say things like "I was with the Brass last night and the Herf was so good I thought I was in Havana." Thus, we can all thank Herf Alpert for his influence on 'garbonics.

Interesting thought, and here I always thought it was Herb Alpert! How could I be so wrong, and me being old enough to have been a fan. :(

I was amused when I saw B&M (or actually BM). My wife did medical billing, and BM there stood for bowel movement.

B&M (Alternately BM) = Brick and Mortar (to indicate an actual Shop you go to for cigars as opposed to ordering off the internet)

hey guys I know im a newbie. i know im also young and my gen was the originators of the lol but i have one you all might enjoy. please if my language is repulsive and im not supposed to say this kind of thing on here let me know. the acronym is FUPA and it means fat upper pussy area. i personally think its a riot please feel free to use it in your everyday convos. matter of fact most people dont know what it means and you could prolly say it to a woman you cant stand for a couple days before getting bitched at hahahaa.
cool.gif

Well, if you were really cool you would know it is Fat Upper PUBIC Area and if you had bothered you'd know we also like people who know how to use the shift key. And yes, you don't need to post that here. ;)

please if my language is repulsive and im not supposed to say this kind of thing on here let me know. the acronym is FUPA and it means fat upper pussy area.

I'm sorry. I did't know proper English was needed here. About hurting your feelings with my words AVB i apologize.
laugh.gif

I guess I don't have a clue. I didn't know this forum was a bunch of uptight people who can't take a joke and are so easily offended. How is my use of a shift key going and no grateful i will not apologize for anything all you'll get is sarcasm. You want to know why? Well I said if this wasn't the place for what I said then let me know, if avb didn't want sarcasm maybe he/she shouldn't have made a joke because I wasn't using proper English as to you wanting me to read the do's and don'ts of this forum haha right you'd have a better shot of having me kicked off the board. Actually if i find it filled with up tight people like the two of you I'll probably kick myself off because personally I hate whine bags but to each is own some people have to take a forum seriously because in real life they are probably a joke.

I guess I don't have a clue. I didn't know this forum was a bunch of uptight people who can't take a joke and are so easily offended. How is my use of a shift key going and no grateful i will not apologize for anything all you'll get is sarcasm. You want to know why? Well I said if this wasn't the place for what I said then let me know, if avb didn't want sarcasm maybe he/she shouldn't have made a joke because I wasn't using proper English as to you wanting me to read the do's and don'ts of this forum haha right you'd have a better shot of having me kicked off the board. Actually if i find it filled with up tight people like the two of you I'll probably kick myself off because personally I hate whine bags but to each is own some people have to take a forum seriously because in real life they are probably a joke.

Pardon my use of repulsive language, but feel free to get the fuck out!

Bye-bye zaltzy, your posts were useless anyways. Stop taking up bandwidth with your whining and crying, and go enjoy your "LOL Generation"-style forums elsewhere. I can't even fathom whether you graduated high school english or not with your lack of proper capitalization and punctuation, and I can only surmise that you are going nowhere fast in life with that crappy attitude you are carrying around with you. Have some respect for f*ck's sake. Believe me when I say you're done.

Pardon my use of repulsive language, but feel free to get the fuck out!

I believe I do actually have something to add to the acronyms with a message for whiney here when I say: GTFO!!

I guess I don't have a clue. I didn't know this forum was a bunch of uptight people who can't take a joke and are so easily offended. How is my use of a shift key going and no grateful I will not apologize for anything all you'll get is sarcasm. You want to know why? Well I said if this wasn't the place for what I said then let me know, if avb didn't want sarcasm maybe he/she shouldn't have made a joke because I wasn't using proper English as to you wanting me to read the do's and don'ts of this forum haha right you'd have a better shot of having me kicked off the board. Actually if i find it filled with up tight people like the two of you I'll probably kick myself off because personally I hate whine bags but to each is own some people have to take a forum seriously because in real life they are probably a joke.

You missed a shift.

We'll get to the grammar part in a little while! ;)

bunch of english teachers and i didnt have a crappy attitude i wrote something and you all cried about it fucking whine bag clowns and its a forum for fucks sake why would you need to use capitalization and punctuation? you should all relax a little bit realize when someone was joking and not cry avb thats to you oh and i think until im thrown off ill stick around just to fuck with you all

It is sad that this is where the world is headed. I truly am shocked daily to find the lack of respect that the younger generation shows adults and the lack of intelligence shown in written work. *sigh* I think I'll go for a smoke...