• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. M

Happy Birthday Loren!

Belated Birthday wishes to you, sir.
  2. M

California Fires

After all the fires SoCal has, I can't understand how there is anything left to burn. Hopefully you all stay safe.
  3. M

The price is always to do with the quality of cigars?

Arguing with someone through an online translator, that's a new one to me. Andros, I think you can quickly resolve this issue & endear yourself to many a respected member of this forum by sending a bundle of La Palmas to everyone who you think is being "discriminatory" towards you.
  4. M

Regarding tobacco taxation

These were from a couple emails I received from Heartfelt Industries & CRA (no connection to either). I apologize for the redundancy as I realize many of you here likely received these same emails, though I thought it worth passing along to those who did not. After S-Chip decimated...
  5. M

Outlaw 2010 Events

Thank you!
  6. M

Outlaw 2010 Events

Are these all going to be at the North store?
  7. M

The Case of the Curiously Comparable Cigar Bands

I have a Toro & Salomon from the aforementioned sampler that I have yet to light. I recommend reading the review referenced by Q The Cop, it's rather mouthwatering. Actually, I don't think I've read a bad review of them. I should have picked up the offering in the Joe Jam last week that had 5...
  8. M

Outlaw

x2 I can't wait to have a smoking lounge less than 15 min. from me. And a very posh one by the sounds of it. I need to check their calendar of events until that time.
  9. M

Good information. Unfortunately, that doesn't explain why a Graycliff sported an identical band.
  10. M

I have a '68 Robusto that came in a Padilla 2009 Sampler from Cigar Bid purchased last month & it does not wear the 2nd band either. Nice to see I'm not the only one confused/concerned by this.
  11. M

Alright Sleuths, I need some assistance in solving what is to me, a mystery. I recently purchased a 10 pack of Padilla Series '68 Toros from JoeCigar. When I received the sticks yesterday I noticed they had a 2nd band below the primary one containing the words "Edición de Aniversario" in black...
  12. M

Padilla Habano Churchill 7 x 48

Thank you for the tip. 30 seconds or so, that sounds about right...though I just can't help it when I'm enjoying a cigar. I'll see if I can work on that. Often it seems as though I smoke too slowly & have to relight from time to time (humidor @ 65%). But I think the dryboxing is helping...
  13. M

Padilla Habano Churchill 7 x 48

My first review, so please take that into consideration when grading me. This is also all from memory. Size: 7 x 48 Shape: Churchill Wrapper: Nicaragua Filler: Nicaragua Binder: Nicaragua Drink: Semi-fresh squeezed lemonade Activity: Reading - Life of Pi by Yann Martel I decided to celebrate...
  14. M

Arturo Fuente 858 Sungrown

I could very well be mistaken, but I believe all Sungrowns have the black band. As well as the Don Carlos, I think, but that is stretching my knowledge of AF to the limit.
  15. M

What's a good drink with a cigar?

Since it hasn't been mentioned, I really enjoy fresh squeezed lemonade or limeade paired with a natural wrapper. Make sure to grate a little zest from the peel & get as much of the pulp from the fruit into the pitcher as you can to give it some "tooth". Drop a maraschino cherry in the glass &...
  16. M

CI website down for anyone else?

I saw a similar comment in the Joe Cigar comments the other day. Rather troubling.
  17. M

I simply cannot wrap my head around anti-tobacco zealots

You are a better man than I. I sent a response yesterday respectfully refuting his viewpoints, but as of today, he has neither posted my comment nor replied. In all fairness, it was a bit off topic.
  18. M

A good cigar

That's really all there is to it. :thumbs: From a fellow newbie, I understand it can be frustrating when you want to smoke only good cigars & you want to know exactly what they are so you don't waste your time & money. However, you won't really know what you like until you start sampling...
  19. M

Stupid newbie

Hopefully they will repay the favor.