• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Amazing feat of stupidity #54: the tobaccoccino!

moki

el Presidente
It's been a while since I've documented an amazing feat of stupidity. That doesn't mean none have been committed, mind you, but rather I've simply been too ashamed to actually document them. Rest assured that numerous acts of stupidity have been committed (amazing or otherwise) over the past year.

This one deserved to be documented, so once more we bravely go where no man has gone (or wants to go) before.

I'm a great lover of coffee and tea. I have a manual Italian espresso/cappuccino maker in my kitchen, and I regularly drink all manner of teas (usually green or white whole-leaf tea). I've made some amazingly good cappuccinos, and like any guy who gets his hands on a piece of equipment, I've also been plotting all sorts of uses for the espresso machine that it was not intended for.

First was my attempt at making a green tea "cappuccino" (dubbed a Senchaccino) that was similar to the green tea smoothies I'd had in Malaysia, only this time hot and with frothed milk. While I did eventually have great success making these yummy concoctions, I very nearly destroyed my espresso machine (and kitchen) in the process.

It seems that even very finely ground green tea leaves expand far more than coffee grounds do when hot steam is passed through them. I ended up with 800lbs of pressure pushing against the green tea leaves and going nowhere because they'd expanded too much. I had to use the care of a bomb disposal technician to diffuse that mess, and I still ended up with a thin layer of ground green tea leaves exploding all over my kitchen.

Now that I have the technique perfected, the results are incredibly good. The mixture of green tea powder, frothed milk, and sugar is a wonderful drink. But I was not content with this. Oh no. One day while enjoying a fine cigar, the gears began dangerously turning in their twisted way again: the cigar I was smoking was made from tobacco leaves. Tea is made from tea leaves.

I like tea. I like cigars. They are both just leaves from different plants: why not try making a tobacco espresso? Or a tobacco cappuccino? The Tabaccoccino was born!

Click here to read about this misguided misadventure (with pictures documenting the debacle):

http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/tobaccoccino/

LMAO, I hope your not selling it :sign:

EDIT: I went to your site. ROTFLMAO @ YOU BRO!!!! That is TFF!!

Introduce yourself in the lobby!

phil

UGH.

WHy on earth did you waste a cuban monte on this?

Any 100% tobacco product woudl haev worked.

Now you have to try it with ACID cigars!

LOL

Lumberg said:
UGH.

Sure, but I figured I might as well use some good tobacco. :)

Lumberg said:
Now you have to try it with ACID cigars!
UUUGGHHHHH!! NASTY

Use the ISOM, at least it's not ACID

That website it TFF bro!

phil

moki said:
Lumberg said:
UGH.

Sure, but I figured I might as well use some good tobacco. :)
Moki:

People like you are the reason that we have warning labels. LMAO! :D

I was about to suggest that you should get a hobby, but I suspect that that is the root of the problem. ROTFLMAO!

If I ever see you at a herf, please don't offer to get me a drink. I'll just snort cocaine like normal people. :p :D

TFF! That is about the funniest thing I have heard all day! I can't wait to read some of the others on your site. Keep up the fantastic work (you're making me look good :p )!!!

Holy Mother of all that is Sain!!!!

I thought I was a NUT BALL :p

You go man, don't know where you go, but you go!! :thumbs:

And Welcome to CP by the way, you should fit right in. :lookup:

ROFLMAO :D From the looks of the cookin' I thought you were going to inject the stuff and OD on nicotine :p

Welcome aboard Bro!!!

Checked out your site and found "RELEASE YOUR INNER MORRON"!!!

TFF BRO, Yes I have been there before also, just a different trash bin and a 6 cell mag light hanging out of my mouth!! But my wallet was in my coat pocket the whole time!!

Thanks Moki, it's test projects like that that make me feel just a little more "normal"! Except, of course, for that quesy feeling I'm developing from the picture of you drinking the stuff. Eeewwwww!

i saw that commin as soon as you said "green tea"

ahhh yea... the experiments.

come on people, we all have crazy experiments like this.
it's kind of like the what would happen if i pulled the fire alarm phase.

Hey Jolly! This guy "almost" makes you look sain! :p

Welcome aboard!! :thumbs:

bah. You people just don't appreciate my genius. ???

moki said:
BACCHUS said:
People like you are the reason that we have warning labels. LMAO! :D
Are you oppressing me?
Oppressing you? You must be a Monty Python fan. :) ("I'm not dead yet.")

Actually, the inner moron phenomenon is one that is near and dear to me. I have a fear of dying stupidly. You know, the Darwin award kind of stuff. (Unfortunately, in my case, the fear is not groundless.) Apparently, you are at risk of dying stupidly, as well. :D

Good luck with your experiments and remember to pay your insurance premiums before they become past due!

Take care, Bacchus

I remember getting my 2 day old Hummer stuck up at Ft. Drum. They said it couldn't be done but if you find enough mud.....well you know the outcome already. At least my tow was free :)

BACCHUS said:
Actually, the inner moron phenomenon is one that is near and dear to me. I have a fear of dying stupidly. You know, the Darwin award kind of stuff. (Unfortunately, in my case, the fear is not groundless.) Apparently, you are at risk of dying stupidly, as well. :D
hrm... maybe drinking the cat-poop coffee will do, then? :)