• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Scotch Room

Nope, Didn't see that the lamp was made from a Macallan 25 bottle.  Sweet

I've never been able to collect anything I consume, except old money.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
I've never been able to collect anything I consume, except old money.Doc
I hear ya Doc. I've been thinking about collecting cigar bands and empty bottles.

Extremely nice Randy.  The room exudes your passion for scotch.

Pictures don't do it justice, my friend.  Looks much nicer in real life.

Thanks! You guys are too kind.

I'm at Casa Fuente sipping a Jura Superstition. Not bad!

sigar_zealot said:
Thanks! You guys are too kind.

I'm at Casa Fuente sipping a Jura Superstition. Not bad!
That is one great dram my friend. Do they have Casa Fuente lanceros back in stock?

Really awesome Randy! First I remember of seeing this thread...... I REALLY dig the sign.  :thumbs:

Wow, I totally missed this as well.  That's simply incredible.  Is that also a smoking room?  It seems that it would be a shame not to enjoy it with a good cigar.

I wonder if you're going to cause a ruckus with AVB. Woowee that is a sweet set up, great pics and tempting. My dad is buried in Tuscon, maybe I'll use that for an excuse?

OUT FRICKIN STANDING!

It isn't a room it's a shrine :)

John,
I had been casually looking for a sign since 2009. When you posted photos of your pub and sign it prompted me get off my butt and find one. 

Thank you! 

Nate,
My wife had pneumonia several years ago and as a result now suffers from reactive airway disease. Her lungs don't tolerate second hand smoke. Cigarettes, cleaning chemicals and strong smelling adhesives are worse than cigars but smoking around her is not something I push. Luckily I have a nice spot out back by the pool to smoke cigars and sip scotch. We were married in June of 1983. 

Judging by the photos I have accumulated 40 or so more bottles since 2009. The wall behind the leather chair is now full of shelves with bottles. 

I need a 4 step program to help me stop buying. My wife says I need to drink more. I think I'll keep her around for another 30 years or so. 

If you need a 4 step then I'm hopeless.  Probably near 400 now but they are all crammed in anywhere I can fit them and certainly don't look as impressive as your display.  The 100 or so bottles in boxes just don't have that aesthetic appeal.

When you say 400 bottles is that scotch, bourbon and other whiskies, or just scotch? I know you are bigger into bourbon than I am. 

I'm closing in on 175 bottles total if you count bourbon, Irish, Japanese and Canadian Whiskey. I only have around 125 different bottles of scotch. With duplicates purchased on sale and what not I'm probably around 200 total. I can't imagine having twice as many. 

I put most of mine back in the boxes to cut down on light and honestly the boxes are easier to dust than the bottles. 

I pull them out of their boxes for parties time permitting.

It is about 360 Scotch, 10 Irish, 5 Japanese, 3 Indian, 3 various (Wales etc) and 5 American single malt or blends, 135 (give or take) Bourbon & Rye and I know there are a few Canadians somewhere in the house. Well north of 500 total whisk(e)ys

AVB said:
It is about 360 Scotch, 10 Irish, 5 Japanese, 3 Indian, 3 various (Wales etc) and 5 American single malt or blends, 135 (give or take) Bourbon & Rye and I know there are a few Canadians somewhere in the house. Well north of 500 total whisk(e)ys
That is amazing. I know there are a few other members with larger collections than mine based on their private messages to me. I wish they would post photos.

I have something I want to send you. Has your address changed in the past few years?

Same place for the past 18 years.