• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

Aside from a map, contest, and pass order...the first post is 95% complete. I will be plotting out the participants once I receive the last address and creating the map.

I need to order some more cigar baggies, and once those come in, we will be underway...probably sometime next week.

Waiting on ilikefishes address...

Pass map is up (about 95% accurate) I will just plug ilikefishes into the pass order once I get his information.

Jake,

Well done Sir!

You have gone far and beyond in setting this pass up, and providing a great foundation of knowledge for future passes as well.

Well Played!

Hey Jake,
Don't know if it is allowed in this pass or not but it looks like there are a couple diffrent stops up in my area of NE can we do a hand off?

Thanks Paul

Hey Jake,
Don't know if it is allowed in this pass or not but it looks like there are a couple diffrent stops up in my area of NE can we do a hand off?

Thanks Paul

Hand-offs are always encouraged. Saves a lot of $ in shipping.

Wow, this is coming together great! Time to start valuing some of my gars!

Depending on when this goes off and what part of the rotation I'm on we might be able to do an initial/ final hand off Jake.

Hand-offs are always encouraged. Saves a lot of $ in shipping.
While we're on the topic of shipping costs, what does a pass like this generally cost to ship? Also, do you have a carrier you'd prefer us to use?

Shipping should always be less than $14 with a flat rate USPS box.

If you have a flat rate box a pass can fit in (I've participated in probably a dozen passes or so and I've never seen one used for a pass) I'd be glad to know of it.

The passes usually cost between $15 and $30 to ship. I've seen the exact same package ship for $10 differences (a pass came to me for $16 once and it cost me $26 to ship it back out.)

Usually USPS Priority with DC# is preferred, but as long as it gets to the recipient, whatever you can do cheaper is probably best.

This is really starting to get exciting, can't wait for the kick-off! I already fell like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for the gifts the next day. :D

Thank you again Jake for putting this together!

_craig_

One thing you guys should try to do when shipping a pass - prepaid label through usps.com. It's the easiest way to avoid the box size upcharges the post office likes to tack on. From my experience it's kind of common with passes, since the box is usually on the bigger side. If your label is prepaid, it's been my experience they'll just take it, make sure the weight matches, and move it right along.

One thing you guys should try to do when shipping a pass - prepaid label through usps.com. It's the easiest way to avoid the box size upcharges the post office likes to tack on. From my experience it's kind of common with passes, since the box is usually on the bigger side. If your label is prepaid, it's been my experience they'll just take it, make sure the weight matches, and move it right along.

Sound advice, thanks Tom.

Can't wait for this to start. Thanks again for setting this up Jake!

To echo what the others have said, this is going to be a lot of fun!

Thanks Jake for all the work you've put into setting this up!

Question: Is an ISOM a legit put for a NC take if the value and rarity are the same? In looking at the rules for other passes, it would seem that ISOM for ISOM/NC for NC is the standard.

Edit: Addition of my question.

To echo what the others have said, this is going to be a lot of fun!

Thanks Jake for all the work you've put into setting this up!

Question: Is an ISOM a legit put for a NC take if the value and rarity are the same? In looking at the rules for other passes, it would seem that ISOM for ISOM/NC for NC is the standard.

Edit: Addition of my question.

Usually ISOM/ ISOM and NC/NC is the standard...primarily to eliminate the argument of rarity because "ISOM's are harder to get." I've run passes where I allowed ISOM/ NC and vice versa...it's just at the discretion of the host.

However, as I'm sure you can tell...we won't have ISOM's in this particular pass at all.

First out of the chute... now I'm nervous! Thanks again for putting this together, Jake. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hmm, who else lives in central Kansas? I think we can do a handoff for that one, just to meet another CPer. :D

Jake, I know I do not qualify due to my post count, but with your approval I would like to join this pass. I have traded with several members here in the recent past and would be more than happy to give you a list. No problem if I need to sit this one out, but I had to ask.

Hmm, who else lives in central Kansas? I think we can do a handoff for that one, just to meet another CPer. :D

Kid Montana,
I live north of Newton and work in Wichita. I would love to do a hand off and meet you. I have not met a fellow CPer yet either! Where are you located?
Stan