• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nightdiver

CigSid

Love this place...
A few months ago, i went to Hawaii for a night diving trip.

There is nothing like the rush of adrenaline when you are in that great big ocean, with total darkness all around you, except for the beam of your light cutting through the abyss...
Out if the corner of your eye, you see this flash, then you feel something like a truck bump your leg... you reach down hoping that your leg is still there, thinking of the horror about the great white stories, feeling no pain, but realizing there is just a stub there, and sigh with relief when your hand feels your leg...

There is a passion for adventuring into the ocean at night, never knowing what you will encounter... I experienced this event on this trip, and can't wait until the next trip...
I love it...

Nightdiver for CP.png

This is me after my last night dive.

We do not use tanks, we are free divers... I call it extreme diving, and am able to hold my breath for almost 3 minutes, and frequently dive to depths of 50 plus feet...

I thought that i would share with my family here, one of my passions besides cigars...

Tell us something we don't know about you, and what you have a passion for...

Wow sounds like a lot of fun and an awesome experience. I don't know if I have the guts to do that though, I have a hard time being in large bodies of water, especially when I can't see what's around me. Being thrown off a jet ski in Lake Tahoe freaked me out not because of the fall, but because I was stuck in the middle of the lake and didn't know what was around me (Nessie!!!):eek:. I snorkled once in Hawaii and that was fun because I could see through the clear water and chase the fishies :D

I love the water Bill, but I can't imagine such a thing. I don't like being in water and not knowing what is around me or below me. I don't even enjoy swimming in lakes because of that. I can see how someone like yourself would love it, but that's not for me, for sure!

I don't know that I have a passion similar that is stronger than what I have for cigars. But I do love to ride the motorcycle. There's just something about it. I don't have to ride fast. I just have to ride. I'm in between bikes at the moment, but looking forward to a new purchase in the Spring.

Wyatt, that is awesome brother...

I ride as well, a dyna wide glide. I understand exactly what you are talking about...

Since we have helmet laws here in California, I love to rent bikes in Hawaii, and ride without a helmet, nothing like it...

Wyatt, that is awesome brother...

I ride as well, a dyna wide glide. I understand exactly what you are talking about...

Since we have helmet laws here in California, I love to rent bikes in Hawaii, and ride without a helmet, nothing like it...

Just got off of a 2011 Softail Blackline, on right in the pic. Looking at something a little more comfy this year...perhaps a Road Glide. No helmet law in Illinois, but I ride with one a lot. But now again I go without and it is quite nice.

image.jpeg

Next time you are out this way Bill let me know. Maybe we can go for a ride and a smoke.

Awesome. We may even be able to scare up Kann for a herf at the watering hole. By some miracle, there is a couple bars here that don't give a crap about the smoking ban.

Awesome, Bill!

For me...

Music. Plain and simple. I love plenty of other things of course: travel, food, wine, brewing, etc., but my true passion is music. I've been playing piano since I was 6 and have never done anything as fulfilling and torturous (in a good way?) as being a musician. I play a few instruments, sing, teach (as some of you know), and even do some composing when time allows. Music inspires a passion like no other art form and I feel that as a musician, I am able to appreciate so many other things in life from a deeper perspective. I can't watch movies without paying close attention to the score, I love going to symphony performances when I can, and there is nothing quite like going to see a concert in the summertime out in the open air.

My current plan is to attempt to write a collection of lullabies on the piano for my son. We'll see if I'm ever able to set aside the time to sit down and do it.

:) As someone with a public safety diver card, as well as full mask, ice and blackwater certs....I prefer nicely lit dives for my fun! The crap I dive in (literally, goose crap lakes) is so black, a light is a hindrance. I can't see my hand when it's touching my mask, light or no light. Last thing I 'bumped' into was the body we were looking for... and strangely enough, every time I go somewhere warm I still like to go diving! The night time dives in Hawaii are cool, aren't they? I did the 'touristy' one where they take you down and feed all the rays. That was cool... but my dream is to dive with both a giant manta and a whale shark.

Thats pretty wild. I scuba dive and love night dives. Its a whole different world down there at night. I dont think I'd have the guts to do it without a tank though.

Just got off of a 2011 Softail Blackline, on right in the pic. Looking at something a little more comfy this year...perhaps a Road Glide. No helmet law in Illinois, but I ride with one a lot. But now again I go without and it is quite nice.

View attachment 11728

Is that picture on the River Road?

That is on the river road. We ride bicycles along there sometimes. Not quite a sea coast but nice in its own. And they do call it the Bluff Rd down there.

I majored in Art, and won a full talent grant later in life. When I was a child, a big corporation, who keeps a permanent Art collection, put several of my drawings into that permanent collection. Portraits of presidents, and some dinosaurs. I've won some shows too, even having one piece win grand prize, and another piece winning 1st place in the same show.

Another thing that might be a bit out of the norm is that I meditate several hours a day.

I majored in Art, and won a full talent grant later in life. When I was a child, a big corporation, who keeps a permanent Art collection, put several of my drawings into that permanent collection. Portraits of presidents, and some dinosaurs. I've won some shows too, even having one piece win grand prize, and another piece winning 1st place in the same show.

Another thing that might be a bit out of the norm is that I meditate several hours a day.
Awesome, I'd love to see some of your work one day

Awesome, I'd love to see some of your work one day

This is the very first painting I ever did. I have another one or two somewhere in this house. Never took photos. Sold a lot. Hell, 90% of the time I didn't even sign my work. hahaha. Not that I'm scatterbrained or anything. (very :rolleyes:) Some folks say I just don't care. I think there is a certain degree of truth in that.

Attachments

• My Painting Old Vietnamese Man Smoking pipe.jpg
    My Painting Old Vietnamese Man Smoking pipe.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
This is the very first painting I ever did. I have another one or two somewhere in this house. Never took photos. Sold a lot. Hell, 90% of the time I didn't even sign my work. hahaha. Not that I'm scatterbrained or anything. (very :rolleyes:) Some folks say I just don't care. I think there is a certain degree of truth i that.
Very nice, great detail. You totally out do me!! Haha