• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnnie Walker Black Pudding

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Johnnie Walker Black Chocolate Pudding
Recipe taken from the Chocolate Bar

3 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons Johnnie Walker Black Scotch whiskey
1 - 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder to taste

Place the chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Bring the milk, cream, and 1/4 cup of the sugar to a boil in a heavy 2-quart saucepan.
Sift the cornstarch into a small bowl and whisk in the remaining half cup of sugar.
Whisk the egg yolks in a medium bowl and add the cornstarch mixture. Add the vanilla and whisk until combined well.
When the milk mixture comes to a boil, pour one-third of it into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Add another third and whisk again.
Return the egg-and-milk mixture to the pan. Reduce the heat to moderate and whisk constantly until the mixture begins to boil and thicken.
Continue to whisk the boiling mixture for 3 minutes.

Remove from the heat, pour through a strainer directly over the chocolate, and whisk gently until the chocolate is melted and incorporated.
Add the whisky and whisk until smooth.
Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
Cover the mixture with plastic wrap, making sure that the pudding surface comes in direct contact with the plastic wrap.
Alternately, pour the pudding into individual cups, ramekins, or martini glasses and cover separately. Sprinkle with cocoa powder, to taste.
Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, until the mixture is chilled thoroughly and very thick.

I found a hand mixer worked just fine if you don't want to do all the whisking.

LOL...sounds good, Ray. I'll give this a go in the near future.

I really thought this was going to be nothing more than a bottle of Johnnie Black and a bowl of pudding.

There is a place in Las Vegas that has a Macallan 18 butterscotch pudding on the menu. (Stripsteak @ Mandalay Bay)
Have yet to try it.

Few people realize that butterscotch is quite literally butter and scotch. You can make it with any scotch depending on your preference. I was served some made with Ardbeg once and thought it was quite good.

I never knew that but butterscotch was my favorite candy growing up. Suddenly my whole life makes sense. :blush:

Beyond the Band needs to know about this. I'm pretty sure the guy has Johnnie Walker in his veins...

Hey hey,
I resemble that remark.

Looks like I'm going to have me some pudding for the Superbowl.
Thanks for sharing Ray

Beyond the Band needs to know about this. I'm pretty sure the guy has Johnnie Walker in his veins...

CINCHOUSE approves. Her only recommendation: Double the recipe.

Doc.