• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Evan Williams 23 yo Bourbon

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Evan Williams 23 yo Kentucky Sour Mash Bourbon, standard bottle, no packaging, 750ml, 107 proof, and $180-260 delivered. Not normally available in the US.

Evan Williams 23 yo is a direct competitor to the Pappy Van Winkle 23 yo and they are about the same price. As an export only bourbon the only way it can be gotten is to buy it from a store in the UK, France or Japan for around $180 delivered or from the one re-importer in the US, Park Avenue Liquors for $250+

At this price range one would expect this to be at the very top of bourbons and in my opinion it is. Absolutely one of the top two or three bourbons I have ever had. Even the wife commented on how good it smelled and had some straight, something she almost never does and especially with 107 proof liquor.

For the game I paired this with a Romeo y Julieta Hermosos No.1 Edicion Limitada 2003 (I had to write that down because I knew I wouldn't remember it by the end of the night.) which was given to me as a late birthday present by one of my guests. This was a pretty damn good combo; I may have to look for a few more of those cigars.

The bottle is sealed with a blue wax type sealer that actually felt more waxy then other seals of the same type. Upon pouring this in my glass the nose almost blooms, spilling out into the surrounding area. It is a chocolate sweet, spicy nose with a hint of coffee in it. One of the best bourbon noses in my memory. Tasting is a treat with a wonderful balance of aged oak combined with the sweetness of the bourbon. This finishes long and sweet with maple sugar melding with oak and caramel.

I tried this neat, with one small ice cube and with a few drops of water. It went better with the cigar neat but was a still good with the ice cube. The few drops of water really opened up the nosing but in general I preferred neat. YMMV.

If you're in the market, this is one of the best out there but like anything else at the upper end of the scale the law of diminishing returns plays it's part. It's up to you if one bottle of Evan Williams 23 or Pappy Van Winkle 23 is worth 6 Knob Creeks or 4 Eagle Rares. For special occasions, it is to me. :)

:thumbs:

Evan%20Williams%2023.JPG

Someone explain to me how a TOTALLY and ABSOLUTELY American product is only available overseas!?!?!? :angry2:

There's a bigger market for the ultra premium bourbons overseas then there is here.