• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's Here! It's Here!

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
WooHoo!!
My Humidor is here! After all the hassles and everything- it's here. From Florida to Alaska... and guess what? Not all by truck, or the truck they used was the fastest one ever designed...

Dec 15, 2005 HIALEAH, FL
Dec 16, 2005 ORLANDO, FL
Dec 16, 2005 CHATTANOOGA, TN
Dec 16, 2005 KNOXVILLE, TN
Dec 16, 2005 LEXINGTON, KY
Dec 18, 2005 LOUISVILLE, KY
Dec 19, 2005 ANCHORAGE, AK
Dec 20, 2005 ANCHORAGE, AK delivered

No dings, dents or scratches. And glad I got the full door and not the glass... looks great with the room it's in. Granted, it's not an Aristocrat or equal, but for the price it's do quite nicely until such time that I do talk to Bob Staebell

Setting up with 2 pounds of 65% beads, Cigar Oasis and sponges in tubs - all working hard right now.

Pics will be once I get it set up!

Congratulations! Looking forward to some pictures of your new stogie-motel ;)

Wilkey

It probably came by truck to Louisville (UPS Air hub) and then they flew it to Anchorage. Congratulations on the new humi! :thumbs:

ddepaola said:
It probably came by truck to Louisville (UPS Air hub) and then they flew it to Anchorage. Congratulations on the new humi! :thumbs:
[snapback]264827[/snapback]​

Yup... and I was worried it would come by truck all the way!

:laugh:

What a moroon... <- best Bugs Bunny voice...

WTG Jim! :thumbs:
Don't fill it up all at once! :whistling:
Good luck with it!

-Rob

I totally forgot that UPS added Hawaii and Alaska as part of the "ground" shipping. I believe they just truck the merchandise a little bit further but still throw it on a plane, unless anybody here knows a way to drive to Hawaii? So you save some money and get the item around the same time. Glad it got there in one piece. UPS had a 96% success rate with the cabinets this go round. Not too bad for their busiest time of the year.

I guess you liked the pictures of mine. I didn't hear back from you so I assumed you didn't like it and weren't getting one. Glad to see you liked it though, nice enough Xmas present.

My boy Lkyman got his in today as well and I must say it is a very good looking Humi...you enjoy

Nice Humidor... I am anxious to hear more on it as my brother is looking for something like this. :)

worthless.gif

...... :whistling:

Regards - B.B.S.

Congrats on the new humidor! That's awesome it got to you so quick. I just got mine a couple weeks ago. My humidor I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine. There's nothing like a new cabinet to really fuel the cigar buying fire. :D Let's see those pics.

Too bad I didn't know, I'd thrown some goodies in it for ya! :D

roboref said:
I guess you liked the pictures of mine. I didn't hear back from you so I assumed you didn't like it and weren't getting one. Glad to see you liked it though, nice enough Xmas present.
[snapback]264948[/snapback]​
Sorry- I thought I had replied... think I did thru PM here, but have had timeout errors lately. Apologies... your pics, and Ironworkers, plus the positive feedback about Dave as well as a number of others getting it made my mind up. Actually, my wifes- I agreed to do a new, larger cooler this spring but she liked this better. Now at least it can go out in the main room!! :laugh:

KayakinBoy said:
Too bad I didn't know, I'd thrown some goodies in it for ya! :D
[snapback]265511[/snapback]​
There's still time and room Jim! fire away... :laugh:

BlindedByScience said:
worthless.gif

...... :whistling:
Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]264988[/snapback]​
Here ya go... outside front:

Inside drawer:

Inside Shelves:

And my new homemade fan/bead box:

The fan is a 110v full sized plug fan, made for a computer. I put the detailed photo of the label in case anyone was interested. I have this, and the Cigar Oasis, plugged into the internal plugin the humidor features. Then that is in turn plugged into a digital timer that will turn power onto the fan and Oasis every 4 hours for 15 minutes. That, in conjunction with 2 pounds of beads should keep it well humidified and well ventilated. That little fan moved A LOT of air! And before anyone asks, I have a pound of beads inside a bag Viper sells, so none will get sucked up the fan or fall out the holes.

I simply got a rubbermaid container, cut out a circle on the lid, screwed the fan down using a couple of hollow wall anchors, and voilà! A perfect place for beads to sit, and a stand for the fan. Of course I had to drilla series of holes in the container to allow for air movement...

Many thanks for the idea of the fan and such goes to Joe.M.!

Once I get everything moved over (still seasoning it...) I'll post another pic or two.

Post some more pictures of that thing chocked full of cigars!

Ask and ye shall receive!

From this...

(I had a hard time cramming another cigar in this, and finding exactly what I wanted was a chore!)

to this:

More room (altho not tons more, however the drawer kicks ARSE!)

After 3 days of sitting with 4 trays of distilled H2O w/anti-bacterial sponges and the cigar oasis running, I got this:

Quite devilish, wouldn't you say?
devil.gif

Not to shabby... and the fan system I made is running great! No increase in temp, RH is steady and constant throughout the humi, and I'm a happy camper.

Seems as tho the seal is good, and I made no changes to the rear where the power outlet is. Only time will tell on that however... but it will be really easy to recify if needed.

All I need is someone to come up here to visit... :laugh: