• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Petit Coronas

drew_goring

Big Bad Mother F*cker!
I just purchased a box last night. I was torn between these and the Parti shorts. Anybody have any experience or opinions of these? I am hoping I made a good decision.

Thanks

These are, hands down, my favorite PC. A much different animal than the Party short. I hope you will enjoy them. If not, send me a pm!!! ;)

I have 2 boxes of Shorts (cabinets) and 2 boxes of Partagas PC's. Personally I believe the Shorts are a far superior cigar....just my opinion though.

For the past year, I've come so close to pulling the trigger on a box of Party Shorts but continue to select something else at the last moment. I think it's the size that finally gets me. Do you guys not feel teased when you have a Party Short?

For the past year, I've come so close to pulling the trigger on a box of Party Shorts but continue to select something else at the last moment. I think it's the size that finally gets me. Do you guys not feel teased when you have a Party Short?

It depends...usually at night I have time for a corona or larger. There are many times I am out at a bar or restaurant with a woman/friends and the Partagas Short is perfect.
I can milk 35-40 minutes out of a Short and it is definitely on the stronger side of most cigars that I smoke. My friend and I usually split cabinets but I have smoked a box of 25 last year. Supposedly the "semi plain box (25) has a different blend and tastes milder" according to Min Ron Nee.

From Min Ron Nee about the Shorts---
"Cigars in Cabinets are a classic. The best small cigar in my opinion. Packs a lot of "old style" Partagas flavours into its tiny size (42,4 3/8 inches) Already brilliant when at 2 years old. Not particularly strong, but full of substance. Must try one to believe it."

These are, hands down, my favorite PC. A much different animal than the Party short. I hope you will enjoy them. If not, send me a pm!!! ;)

What Patrick said. Easily my favorite PC. Have three boxes...all from 98. They are flavorful, well constructed, and extremely complex. Fan-damn-tastic smokes. :thumbs:

The Party Shorts, while good cigars, don't have anywhere near the complexity of these. They are much more straight-forward, IMHO.

I'm not a Partagas fan. My favorite marevas are SLR PCs, RA PCs, Punch PC del Punch and even though I'm not a huge Bolivar fan, I'd take these anyday over a Partagas PC.

Well, thanks for the advice guys. :D

70b79c93.jpg

5804506b.jpg

2987c935.jpg

4dd9717d.jpg

What vitola is that in the pic?

Is it the PC? I am under the impression that the PC was discontinued about 4 years ago. Box code is 06.

Patrick

Yes, it is the PC... :0

Anybody elso know anything about this??

edit: site says 'Partagas Petit Coronas Especiales'

You sure it is not the PC Especial? That is a current production stick, and much different from the original PC from what I have read; I have never smoked the Especial.

Patrick

That is what I thought. Glad to get it sorted out!

Enjoy.

Patrick

You sure it is not the PC Especial? That is a current production stick, and much different from the original PC from what I have read; I have never smoked the Especial.

Patrick

That is what I thought. Glad to get it sorted out!

Enjoy.

Patrick
Great, didn't think there was a difference. Ah well, that is what I am here for...to learn. You sure scared me though :p

I have been thinking of buying either some party shorts or the petite corona especials and then I noticed the Partagas Mille Fleur that is the same size as the PC. What's the deal on these, how are they different than the PC?

I have been thinking of buying either some party shorts or the petite corona especials and then I noticed the Partagas Mille Fleur that is the same size as the PC. What's the deal on these, how are they different than the PC?
The PC's are hand rolled while the Mille Fleurs are machine rolled and finished.

The PC's are hand rolled while the Mille Fleurs are machine rolled and finished.
Hmmmm, not a way to save $14.00 is it? Where if anywhere is a place that has good descriptive information on ISOMs, like size, MM vs HM, etc?

Hmmmm, not a way to save $14.00 is it? Where if anywhere is a place that has good descriptive information on ISOMs, like size, MM vs HM, etc?
Here read this: link
It is a little old, but has some good information.

Dumb question here but is there a domestic (Non ISOM) version of the party Shorts?