• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hennepin

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
I really enjoy Ommegang's 3 Philosophers, so when I saw this at the local shop, I snagged a bottle. Saison isn't typically one of my favorite styles, but I've had some that I liked so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Style – Saison
ABV – 7.7%
Brewed In – Cooperstown, NY
Availability – Brewed Year Round

IMG_0367.jpg

Appearance

Poured a slightly hazy, light copper with a two finger, foamy white head. The head had great retention and very heavy lacing.

Smell

This produced a very strong aroma. Tons of yeast and some hints of citrus that weren't especially pleasant.

Taste

Light hoppiness and orange flavors. There is also a funky earthy flavor and then finishes with a sharp tartness. Alcohol flavor is completely hidden. Pretty complex beer in that there are a lot of different flavors going on, just not ones that I particularly care for.

Feel

The carbonation is fairly light, but is definitely there. Medium bodied, but the drinkability really suffers because this beer is not crisp at all.

Verdict

I'm not sure if I had my expectations too high since I like 3 Philosophers so much, but this beer was VERY disappointing. It wasn't bad or undrinkable, just not noteworthy in any way. I don't foresee myself ever buying this again.

Thanks Justin, I am not a big fan of Blondes' either but I will try it just to make sure, On the other hand you MUST try the Ommegang Abbey Ale, I really enjoyed it, different than the 3 P's but very interesting and complex..