• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Packing bottles for shipping

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
I've been getting a lot of questions around the best way to ship bottles lately, so I figured I'd just create a how-to thread with what has worked best for me.

First off, what you'll need:

IMG_0841.jpg

- A large enough box to hold the bottles with plenty of extra room to spare (this box was a bit of an overkill)
- Zip-loc bags
- Bubble wrap
- Packing peanuts

Next, put each bottle in an idividual zip-lock baggie. That way, if a bottle does happen to break, the entire package won't be destroyed:

IMG_0846.jpg

Wrap each bottle in plenty of bubble wrap:

IMG_0848.jpg

Surround each bottle with plenty of peanuts, making sure that the individual bottles aren't touching each other or the sides of the box:

IMG_0849.jpg

Fill the rest of the box up with peanuts until it's packed tightly enough that nothing shakes and tape it up:

IMG_0856.jpg

Now that this box is packed up and ready to go, who wants it?

Is that BUD LIGHT I see on the bottom shelf? :sign:

Is that BUD LIGHT I see on the bottom shelf? :sign:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was wondering how long it would take somebody to ask that. My local shop sells all it's beer by the bottle for the most part, so they have empty six-packs to use to put your bottles in. The Bud Light one actually has some Aventinus in it.

Good stuff Justin although I don't think people are paying attention... :whistling: :whistling:

Oh, I'm paying attention, but thanks to BOTH of your generosity I already have Ten Fidy, and Storm King is a staple in my fridge so I'm giving someone else a chance.

I'd love it but Justin just PIF'd me BIG TIME... but then again :whistling:

well since no one will then i guess i will. i have never tried any beers outside of the normal puertorican venture of corona, heniken (sp?) Coors/light.
i did try some out of my relm beers in spain

Thanks for that info, it was much needed. I'm getting ready to send a package out this week and that was the answer to my questions.
Oh I'll take em and perform quality checks on them for ya. Very nice little selection of beers.

well since no one will then i guess i will. i have never tried any beers outside of the normal puertorican venture of corona, heniken (sp?) Coors/light.
i did try some out of my relm beers in spain

You got 'em. Send me a PM with your address and I'll get them out tomorrow.

FYI, these are all pretty "big" beers, and in a totally different world than corona, heini, etc.

Nice tutorial Justin !
Also, If you have a BevMo around you they sell boxes with styrofoam cut out.

Hmmm.... I have beers to ship out. I'll have to try it!

What was that stout you packed up? Just curious.

Hmmm.... I have beers to ship out. I'll have to try it!

What was that stout you packed up? Just curious.
There were 3 (at least as far as I can tell...is the other one a SN Barleywine?): Victory Storm King Imperial Stout, Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout, and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

Yeah, could have been more clear. It was the Rasputin I was looking at. Bottle looked familiar to me. Great beer!

step no1 is crucial! One bottle breaks and the rest are gone also...to some postal worker. Package will get no further.

Ah, but what to do when you are shipping bombers? Can't fit them inside a Ziploc bag...

Ah, but what to do when you are shipping bombers? Can't fit them inside a Ziploc bag...

They should fit in the big ass zip lock bag although 750's don't. If they don't fit, one trick is to use a large trash bag as a liner for all of the contents. Take an empty box, put the open trash bag in, fill it with peanuts or other packing material, put the beers in and pull the sack closed and tie it shut so if anything breaks it won't leak. :thumbs:

Good job with the instructions! :thumbs: I wish I could get online at work, I would have taken you up on the offer. I guess I will just have to make do with what Jonas is sending me. :whistling:

They should fit in the big ass zip lock bag although 750's don't. If they don't fit, one trick is to use a large trash bag as a liner for all of the contents. Take an empty box, put the open trash bag in, fill it with peanuts or other packing material, put the beers in and pull the sack closed and tie it shut so if anything breaks it won't leak. :thumbs:

I use the 2-gallon ziplocs for 750s and bombers. :thumbs: