• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Island Prince Luana Iki 4-1/2" x 46 rg, Light

Ginseng

Banned
Ever since I read the first few intriguing reports of this cigar line, I've been anxious to give it a try. And recently I got the opportunity to do just that. Here's how it went down.

Prelight Impressions
The cigar is beautifully constructed. Solid and well-wrapped with a nicely formed hemispherical (marble) head. This particular specimen was not the Nicaraguan/Habano-sheathed version but instead was finished off with a Connecticut shade capa (wrapper). I knocked off the cute pigtail taking it out of the cello and this left a little hole on the cap. After I slit off the cap, a few prelight draws revealed delicate, pleasant grassiness. I'd say herbaceous.

The Smoking
This cigar started out with a woody, green leafy profile that soon gave way to a light-bodied, light tobacco profile. The predominant character was of fresh grassiness and a distinctive bready note. For me, this is an uncommon flavor.

As the cigar warmed up past the first inch, it settled into a pleasant, toasty, nutty profile that was a tad drying on the palate. Smoke volume was moderate and trailing smoke aroma was harmonious with the drawn smoke in being light, clean, smooth without any sharp notes.

The Finish
The cigar continued pretty much like this to the end delivering a smooth, light-bodied and delicate flavor with crisp grassiness and toast over a delicate, light tobacco base. This cigar reminded me somewhat of a cross between the Davidoff x000 and Special series. in other words, a refined, smooth, light cigar that is very well made and suitable for those times when one is in the mood for a mellow, relaxing smoking experience.

(IMG:http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/Gins...eLuanaIki01.jpg)

Wilkey

Sounds like an interesting smoke, Wilkey. Thanks for the glimpse.

Your description of the flavor brought to mind the Don Douglas from Bucanero.

Hey there, Steve.

I've never heard of the Don Douglas. Got some more info on that?

Wilkey

PS. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeer Park

You left out the final piece, Wilkey. Would you buy it again? When I smoked mine, I did so knowing what Hawaii does for pineapple, coffee, and for, er, other smoke. I think this brand has great potential.

You left out the final piece, Wilkey. Would you buy it again? When I smoked mine, I did so knowing what Hawaii does for pineapple, coffee, and for, er, other smoke. I think this brand has great potential.
Right Bruce,

I forgot to address that. I think I'd withhold judgment until I've had a chance to smoke the other Lights and the a few of the Habano-Nicaragua wrappered ones. It's certainly a distinctive cigar in terms of flavor and I have to say that it doesn't fall into the mainstream of what I regularly enjoy.

Wilkey

Interesting, never heard of this cigar. Thanks for the review Wilkey. I'll have to keep an eye out for these.

Hey there, Steve.

I've never heard of the Don Douglas. Got some more info on that?

Wilkey

PS. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeer Park
Bucanero is a boutique manufacturer and make some great cigars. My favorite of theirs is the El Capitan Maduro but I've never smoked a bad cigar made by them.

I'd love to do the Deeeeeeeeeeeeeer Park some time, Wilkey. PM me when you guys get together or if you just want to grab a quick smoke.

Steve

My dad just came back from Hawaii with a three pack of these babies, and they're resting in my humi right now. We'll smoke em together soon enough. I am glad to hear that they are more than novelty smokes, and are of good quality.