• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edmundo Dantes, Mexican Regional Release

Thank you for this excellent review Wilkey :thumbs: I sure am glad that this cigar lived up to the hype. I have a couple myself and have been contemplating on when to smoke one. I had a long wait and search before I was able to procure them, but at least it looks like the wait will be well worth it. Between Greg (Kingantz) and yourself you have surely raised the bar on reviews pictures and all, and CP is better for it. Thanks for providing us with a wealth of knowledge, and information on an often intimidating subject like Habanos.

Between Greg (Kingantz) and yourself you have surely raised the bar on reviews pictures and all, and CP is better for it. Thanks for giving us a wealth of knowledge and information on an often intimidating with regards to Habanos.
My pleasure. Greg and I have quite different approaches to photo documenting our smoking but he's recently become one of CP's best.

Wilkey

Once again, fantastic review! I just smoked this last week, for the first time I might add, and compared to your review, it was SPOT on! I was extremely impressed with this cigar, from the beautiful construction to the elegant flavor profile. It really finessed the palate. I agree that it is pricey, but damn worth it in my opinion.

Excellent review! I still have the one left that my baby girl did get hold to, but can hopefully be repaired enough to smoke. I'm probably going to save it for a good while, which is very difficult to do especially after reading this review! :D Shame I couldn't save the other to try now to see if/how they change.

Awesome review. I had one of these yesterday. I agree with you 100% Wilkey. the quality of the tobacco in this cigar is unsurpassed by anything that I have ever had.

Outstanding review Wilkey :thumbs:

It is certainly a beautiful looking cigar and I agree it is one of the best looking cigars produced recently. The one I tried from my box about a month ago was just so-so. It was really too wet for me to appreciate, but I am holding out hope for these for the future.

Brilliant review and photos Wilkey.
That was probably the most compelling cigar review I have ever read. :thumbs:

I really enjoy your reviews. I have a few of these sitting in the humi. I haven't tried one yet but I was thinking about firing one up this weekend but I have a nasty head cold that I can't seem to shake. When I finally do it will be interesting to compare it to your experience.

Thanks for the wonderful review, Wilkey. I have been apprehensive to try my first of these, as I have worried about them remaining too youthful, but this review has certainly alleviated my fears.

Excellent review Wilkey! Thanks for sharing what seemed like a great experience.

Wilkey,

Thanks for the review and pics. I had the pleasure of smoking one in early summer and I thought it was flavorful but one dimensional. I hope that a long rest for the couple of sticks left will bring out the greater potential that was promised by the one I smoked earlier.

Best,

Joe

Very nice review Wilkey. I was wondering if you ever had the pleasure of trying anything from the first rolling? I'm curious to see if there will be any comparisons between the two other than age.

The one I tried from my box about a month ago was just so-so. It was really too wet for me to appreciate, but I am holding out hope for these for the future.
I felt the same way about the Por Larrañga Robustos ER. The initial reviews were almost uniform in commenting on how wet they were but the box smelled so good I just couldn't resist. I wasted two looking for the good stuff before I decided to give up and stuff them deep into a cooler. :(

Very nice review Wilkey. I was wondering if you ever had the pleasure of trying anything from the first rolling? I'm curious to see if there will be any comparisons between the two other than age.
I have but a single stick from the first release. I'm itching to smoke it now...but alas, when I do, it'll be gone forever. You know how it is with rare singles. ;)

Wilkey

Another top notch review Wilkey. Unfortunately my budget doesn't allow for $30 sticks but it's always fun to fantasize.

Mark

...It is ready to be enjoyed right now, but is likely to develop into something quite special over the years...
Wilkey

Anyone want to split a ten pack of these? I have a box of them and I agree completely with Wilkey. I'm thinking about getting a few extra, though.

I've had a few of these from the original release and then again from the second release. I agree that they are one of the few REs that I've had that were anything special. Even so, I agree that they have more downtime needed to fully come out.

The price, though, is just stupid. Initial MSRP was fine... the hype meter is pegged to 11 now though, so you're going to pay through the nose for these. For my money, I'd rather have a Tatuaje Black.

Thanks for the great review Wilkey, those things just make my mouth water.

...It is ready to be enjoyed right now, but is likely to develop into something quite special over the years...
Wilkey

Anyone want to split a ten pack of these? I have a box of them and I agree completely with Wilkey. I'm thinking about getting a few extra, though.

PM sent Khari :)