• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
Not only was breedy nice enough to pick me up some beer that I was really wanting to try, but he threw in this as a tag-a-long, which has been on my wish list for quite a while. Thanks again Brandon!

boris003.jpg

Style – Russian Imperial Stout
ABV – 9.4%
Brewed In – Akron, Ohio
Availability – Year Round

Score - 9/10

Appearance
After pouring this into my snifter I am blown away how dark it is, black as night is the only way to describe it. The very thin head is burnt sienna and is nice and dense. I can’t imagine a beer looking any more beautiful. If I was Evan I would make sweet love to it.

Smell
It smells a little boozy, but not in an overwhelming way. There is also a strong scent of bittersweet chocolate and roasted malts. It isn’t the most complex aroma, but it’s very robust.

Taste
The flavor of this is very smooth and well balanced. Lots of oatmeal and espresso up front. Towards the middle it is very sweet, but not overdone or cloying. It finishes with a big bittersweet chocolate flavor, with never even a hint of any alcohol.

Feel
Thick and chewy, just a hint of carbonation. It is very creamy and leaves a nice coating on the tongue. For as big of a beer as it is, it’s surprisingly drinkable.

Overall
There are a lot of nice flavors and great balance to this beer, another great Midwest brew. With all the great breweries out that way, you guys really are fortunate. I’m glad I have friends like Brandon out there that are willing to spread the wealth.

Had this on draft yesterday at Capone's (along with the Mean Manalishi DIPA). It was glorious. Nice review, Justin!

Nice review!
How many beer minions do you have Justin? :laugh:

-rob

Grear review as always Justin, one that is on my list to try and your review looks like it wont disappoint. :thumbs:

Breedy gifted me a bottle of this a while back in the MAW PIF thread. I've been waiting to drink it, but after this review I may just have to break it out today.

Love this stuff, they actually stock this out by me in NJ.

Nice review man! I have yet to try this but I have heard some great things about it. If I would have been thinking, I would have snagged a bottle or two when I was in Columbus a few weeks ago, damn! :laugh:

Great review. I picked up a few bottles and thought this brew to be just ok. I thought the alcohol was noticeable and these beers had been sitting for a few months.