• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranaga Monte Carlo

s15driftking

Vitals

Make: Por Larranaga
Model: Montecarlo
Size: 6.25 x 33
Origin: isom
Time: 55 minutes

Well, i enjoyed my first PL about 3 months ago and it was magnificent. It was a PC and very satisfying. Yet it was quite different than this long skinny fellow.

I remember my first PL (as stated, it was a PC) and the MC had some interesting points to make.

1. PL as a brand must have a certain complexity that is uniquely it's own. I know that have only smoked about a dozen CC's but i noticed a very similar familiarity between the two diff. sizes from this same brand.

2. CC's as a whole have a unique twang to them, it seems as if PL has a VERY bold and distinct flavor all it's own. The kicker is that there was a huge difference in the MC versus the PC that i smoked only a few months ago. The PC that i smoked was very satisfying and complex, but the range in the complexity was harder to pinpoint and note the change. Rather, it changed without notice but still i eventually could note the swing in flavor. The MC on the other hand had changed flavor on me 3 times and was very easy to point out when the changes had occured. The cigar itself started out light, airy, and creamy.... then poof, it developed a much more hearty chocolate note to it. And by the time i was ending it up i noticed a very deep leathery earthy taste which is still extremely strong on my tastebuds and its been 20 minutes since i let it die.

I never knew that the difference in shapes could have such an effect on the cigar's overall uniqueness to where it was a snap-change on your palette. (i know shape affects taste but this was drastic.. .and marvelous)

I usually steer away from anything under a 40 RG but this thing had a draw more plentiful than some coronas i've smoked (maybe because i storemy CC's at 58%). The burn and draw never let me down and the flavor was amplified by every minute that passed.

I still cannot get over the way that the cigar changed flavors in such a robust manor. It truly was a journey of an experience.

As a guy that hates small RG, i would tell anyone to try it at least once. You might just be pleasantly surprised.

PLMC1.jpg

PLMC2.jpg

PLMC3.jpg

PLMC4.jpg

Thanks for reading,

- Bobby

I absolutely love these! A true underdog that is swinging back into popularity. I always have a box ready in the humidor.

Funny, I just ordered a box of these along with some Cohiba Secretos yesterday. I have never tried them but I like that size and the price seemed very reasonable. I am glad to hear that you liked them. I hope that the box that I get also draws well. I look forward to trying one when they come in. Thanks for the great review.

I was gifted on of these by a fine BOTL. I loved it.

I'd have to say that every cigar I've smoked from this brand has been completely enjoyable.

Thanks for the review, thy sound great.
I really love the PLPC's. I'm looking forward to giving these a try also.

I am starting to really get into thinner gauge cigars like this one. I like the concentration and slight bitterness that such a cigar imparts.

Cigars like the Cohiba Exquisito, Maduro 5 Secreto, illusione mk, Trinidad fundadore Opus #5 etc. Good times.