• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I finally have a website

Humidor Minister

One of th most common questions I get is if I have a website so I had posted on another site that I'd like to do some trading for a website. An Anonymous fellow BOTL said he would be glad to just to help out. I sent him a link to my picture trail and some info. When I checked my e-mail this morning I found "Welcome to the Internet" in my in box. Opened it to find this www.humidorminister.com. It's like finding out you won a new car. This was way beyond generous. I can't thank him enough (really, he won't let me) All I can say is thank you so very much. I really owe him one.

Please enjoy the site everyone. Your comments are welcome and encouraged. Thanks

Beautiful work, both of ya!!

That website pops, and is very unique. My compliments to whomever did the design work.

Very nice site for some beautiful work.

You deserve it and I am glad for you.

Shouldn't this really be in the retailer forum?

No, because he makes Humi's as a hobby and.... well.......It kinda works in the Humi section, don't you think Tom?

By the Way great site.

Not if he sells them or trades them while billing for labor. The precedent was set with Volusionator's cigar box clocks exactly how craftsmen selling for anything beyond cost of materials should post info related to their sales. It isn't something to get up in arms about and no dig on minister but it has been beaten into the ground in the past ad infinitum.

Congrats on the site. Looks very nice and professional.

Thanks everyone. I really had it done to showcase my work. There is contact info but that's not the focus. I have enough orders to last months right now. It really is just a hobby. Now if you want a Car sound system or a UTV that's another story. That's what I do for a living. www.audio2000az.com is proof. (I don't sell on the net there either) Check out the gallery, I think you'll find my old Excursion quite unusual.(10 feet tall) :thumbs:

No, because he makes Humi's as a hobby and.... well.......It kinda works in the Humi section, don't you think Tom?

By the Way great site.

Not if he sells them or trades them while billing for labor. The precedent was set with Volusionator's cigar box clocks exactly how craftsmen selling for anything beyond cost of materials should post info related to their sales. It isn't something to get up in arms about and no dig on minister but it has been beaten into the ground in the past ad infinitum.

My friend, if you look closer on the site, there's a 90+ picture step by step build of my personal desk top with all my tricks, all my disasters and the techniques I used to get from beginning to end. This is my way of paying the favor forward. Take from it what you want my friend. :D I would have posted it as its own thread but it took days to do that alone.

BTW have you priced exotic woods lately? :(

By the Way great site.

What I'm having a hard time understanding is how he's been denying since day one that he's here to sell humis, yet he seems to be selling them left and right?

I haven't actually. Does the material for one ashtray run $350?

ETA: Sorry, I meant $349.99.

By the Way great site.

What I'm having a hard time understanding is how he's been denying since day one that he's here to sell humis, yet he seems to be selling them left and right?

I have used over 200.00 to build an ashtray. The one I donated to the Quadstate herf. The segmented ashtrays eat up a lot of wood due to the waste. It took around 40 to 45 hrs to make it. I don't think it qualifies as income until I make over minimum wage. :laugh: If you want one, I'll build it for you for $200.00. Is that fair? BTW the Bubinga I've been using is almost $30.00 a foot. Ebony, $100.00 a foot. AAAA Maple 32.00 a foot. An ashtray will eat up 6+ feet easily. Grain orientation creates a lot of waste unfortunately. PM me again and we can discuss this more if you like. :thumbs:

By the Way great site.

I have used over 200.00 to build an ashtray. The one I donated to the Quadstate herf. The segmented ashtrays eat up a lot of wood due to the waste. It took around 40 to 45 hrs to make it. I don't think it qualifies as income until I make over minimum wage. :laugh: If you want one, I'll build it for you for $200.00. Is that fair? BTW the Bubinga I've been using is almost $30.00 a foot. Ebony, $100.00 a foot. AAAA Maple 32.00 a foot. An ashtray will eat up 6+ feet easily. Grain orientation creates a lot of waste unfortunately. PM me again and we can discuss this more if you like. :thumbs:

So I translate the answer as no?

By the Way great site.

Did you get that price from the site? No I didn't think so. You PM'd me asking for a big ashtray. A big one would use 8 or more feet of material. I completley understand if you don't want one. Thanks for inquiring though.

By the Way great site.

Did you get that price from the site? No I didn't think so. You PM'd me asking for a big ashtray. A big one would use 8 or more feet of material. I completley understand if you don't want one. Thanks for inquiring though.

??? ??? ???

I didn't inquire about anything?

By the Way great site.

My friend, if you look closer on the site, there's a 90+ picture step by step build of my personal desk top with all my tricks, all my disasters and the techniques I used to get from beginning to end. This is my way of paying the favor forward. Take from it what you want my friend. :D I would have posted it as its own thread but it took days to do that alone.

I have not, and I have enjoyed looking at your work. However, my interest remains in maintaining a standard of practice in our community. I am not questioning your integrity or challenging your intentions, I haven't followed your transactions here enough to rationalize doing anything like that. My point was that a standard has been established that newer members may not be familiar with surrounding situations where hobbyist crafted items are sold for more than the cost of materials. I absolutely think your labor should be assigned value, the work you do makes that clear. BUT since the website that is the subject of this thread has a section devoted to ordering information, I would say this crosses the line into that precedent of hobbyist sale information I mentioned previously.

By the Way great site.

I have not, and I have enjoyed looking at your work. However, my interest remains in maintaining a standard of practice in our community. I am not questioning your integrity or challenging your intentions, I haven't followed your transactions here enough to rationalize doing anything like that. My point was that a standard has been established that newer members may not be familiar with surrounding situations where hobbyist crafted items are sold for more than the cost of materials. I absolutely think your labor should be assigned value, the work you do makes that clear. BUT since the website that is the subject of this thread has a section devoted to ordering information, I would say this crosses the line into that precedent of hobbyist sale information I mentioned previously.

Im going to start making these. I buy the dog from thinkgeek and then customize it with stripes and antennas. The USBeedogs will sell for $459.99. More information to follow shortly. Thanks!
DSCN1543.jpg

I apologize if this wasn't in the proper place. The site was mainly created to showcase my humidors. If I didn't offer a way to be contacted it would have been incomplete. I posted it here because it's all about humidors not so much about sales. Like I said before there's more emphasis on the build of a humidor than anything else. 97 pics with explanations. It really was created mostly for enjoyment. I have no problem if it's moved. I'll be building one that will take me almost a year to build starting in a couple weeks. I'd like to post my progress. Where would you like me to do this? Or should I not do it at all? It's much easier for me to put it on my site a little at a time so it's all sequential. Just let me know what works. I'm not trying to cause trouble.

IMHO if this section is for humidors, it shouldn't be just for store bought or mass produced products. The other countries that make most of the humidors out there make enough of our money. Shouldn't we be promoting what we make here in the USA? Again, just MHO. :thumbs:

By the Way great site.

Im going to start making these. I buy the dog from thinkgeek and then customize it with stripes and antennas. The USBeedogs will sell for $459.99. More information to follow shortly. Thanks!
DSCN1543.jpg

Good luck with that. Gotta stay within your skill level. :sign: I'd imagine it doesn't take 50k in tools to make one if those so your profit will be huge.......if you sell one:thumbs: