• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hop Monster

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
Titletown Brewing Company has revived the tradition of hand-crafting quality beers. One taste takes you back to an era when Green Bay had five Breweries serving fresh beer to the local community. Titletown Brewing is proud to have renewed the tradition of local craft brewing. Time for a fresh Titletown Beer? …Probably!!!
-growler

hopmonster.jpg

Style – American Double/Imperial IPA
ABV – 9.2%
Brewed In – Green Bay, WI
Availability – Rotating

Score – 8.2/10

Appearance
It is a clear, light copper color with a slightly off white head that is thick and dense. The head has good retention and provides thick lacing all the way down the walls of the glass. There is a steady stream of bubbles floating to the top, encouraging me that the growler survived it’s trip from Wisconsin.

Smell
There’s a strong aroma of piney and grassy hops, but not much else going on. What do you expect from a DIPA though I guess?

Taste
When it first hits my lips there is a nice caramel sweetness that is quickly followed by bitter and piney hops. While there is no doubting what this is, the bitterness isn’t overly done and is nicely balanced. It finishes very clean and there is absolutely no hint of the alcohol. Much like the aroma, it’s fairly straight forward and nothing mind blowing, but very solid.

Feel
It has a nice medium body and is surprisingly smooth. The carbonation is a bit too light for my tastes with this style, but that can possibly be blamed on traveling in a growler across several states.

Overall
This is a very solid beer, but nothing that blew my mind. If I had it locally I would drink a lot of it I’m sure though. A note to those that try this though, don’t drink a whole growler after already having several pints unless you are a better drinker than me. :D

Man, that growler looks delicious..... It's not even noon and it's been a long day at work.

Is this only available in WI?

Man, that growler looks delicious..... It's not even noon and it's been a long day at work.

Is this only available in WI?

Yeah, as far as I know they don't bottle. The kegs might be distributed around the Midwest but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't bet on Midwestern distribution... I don't think that beer makes it very far outside NW Wisconsin.

-1 for clear growler +1 for double IPA

tip for today: piney hop flavors likely come from Simcoe Hops

I wouldn't bet on Midwestern distribution... I don't think that beer makes it very far outside NW Wisconsin.

-1 for clear growler +1 for double IPA

tip for today: piney hop flavors likely come from Simcoe Hops

Probably, but could be Chinook or something too.

I am a sucker for trying new IPA's... oh.. what hoppy deliciousness! I have an Oaked Arrogant Bastard in the fridge that I am looking forward to soon.. Great thick malt and a nice hop.. which it were cheaper to come by around here.

I am a sucker for trying new IPA's... oh.. what hoppy deliciousness! I have an Oaked Arrogant Bastard in the fridge that I am looking forward to soon.. Great thick malt and a nice hop.. which it were cheaper to come by around here.

I love that beer.