• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

809 Cigar

blacklabelbravo

I recently made a purchase from Thompson Cigar....Yes I know and I have learned my lesson LOL.

It was supposed to be a cigar sampler and humidor, but the humidor sucked so I sent it all back for a refund. I was reading Thompsons' policy on returns and you were aloud to have smoked 2 cigars. So I kept 1 and sent the rest back to them.

I kept a Felipe Gregorio 809 Churchill Maduro.

7044099_raw.jpg

39827_139212112780938_100000764518494_166406_3718775_n.jpg

The pre-fire draw produced no flavor. The smell, nothing special, about 2 wrungs up the ladder from a Tampa Jewel, or Philly. The draw however, was one of the smoothest I'd ever experienced (though I am new to this). Every draw producing thick clouds of grey/white smoke. With hints of coffee, and chocolate. After the 1st third the coffee flavor seems to wear thin, and remind me of a cigarette, which stayed until the end. The burn was very good it stayed true through the entire cigar only getting weird once towards the end but corrected it's self before I was done.

Final thoughts. I guess it's not terrible for a $1.50 cigar, and maybe I'm snooty since the first cigar I ever smoked was a Fuente :cool: kinda set the bar high from the get go.

I would smoke this again if it was gifted to me, however I would not buy them again.

How did I do for my first review?

Nice review. For a buck that sounds like an amazing cigar for anyone who is budget minded, or on a tight budget. It seems to me that you got more than what you paid for it...which I guess in this case is essentially free.