• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Noah's Mill 15 yo Bourbon

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Noah's Mill 15 yo Bourbon, low shoulder bottle, 750ml, no extra packaging, 114.3 proof, about $40.

Noahs%20Mill.JPG

Noah's Mill is another small batch bourbon from Kentucky Bourbon Distillers. As mentioned in my review of Rowan's Creek both of my bottles were distilled on the same day of 8/11/87. (Perhaps Rowan's Creek powers Noah's Mill :p)

Unlike the Rowan's Creek this bourbon is just a bit older than what is stated on the label. My bottle was distilled on 8/11/87 and bottled 11/07/03 at just over 16 years. Even though both whiskies spent about the same amount of time in cask and at the same distillery, they are fairly different.

Noah's Mill is a dark copper-brown color that shows it has a bit more rye in it's mixture. It noses hints of coffee, mandarin orange, and maybe a bit of chocolate. The first taste is fairly full with a nice thick texture on the tounge that hides the 114 proof well. The typical vanilla bourbon sweetness is combined with a nutty spicyness. This bourbon has that almost perfect combination of ingredients that makes you salivate well into the finish and leaves you wanting more.

Whatever the Willett distillery is doing with it's bourbon lines it is doing well. This is another bourbon that I didn't expect so much from but it delivered......in spades. If you are in the market for a $40 bottle, be different and give Noah's Mill a try.
:thumbs:

Where did all the bourbon drinkers go? 12 hours and 3 views....it isn't that esoteric is it?

Nice review, AVB, as usual. I gotta ask, how long does a bottle last in your home? Try a dram or two and it waits, adding to your collection? Or, work on it for a while until it's gone, depending on your mood? Curious to know how many bottles you have in your collection. :) Thanks, Gregor

I drink what I'm in the mood for. Some bottles last longer, some don't. As the collection grows they last longer and longer since I actually don't drink alot. I mean I'm not killing off bottles at a time just something in the glass every night.

Right now I have 59 Scotches with two on order, 2 Irish whiskeys and 29 Bourbon/Ryes. That will be 30 on Monday. I've pretty much finished with the Bourbon as there are only 4 more on my want list and one of those I'll never find in my price range. Still have 15 left on the Scotch list though.

i'd not complain, having been the beneficiary of your altruistic sampling and reviews..

but you COULD stick up your wish list.. ;) just for informational purposes, in case one of us stumbled over a bottle by accident. did i miss it somewhere?

While I appreciatre the thought this is a cigar board so I don't post my scotch wish list as it just doesn't seem right. I will tell you the number one item I'm looking for is a Balvenie 1964 Vintage Cask. It's the only one I'm missing that I can afford as there is a 1952 for $8K which I will probably have to skip.

i'd not complain, having been the beneficiary of your altruistic sampling and reviews..

but you COULD stick up your wish list.. ;) just for informational purposes, in case one of us stumbled over a bottle by accident. did i miss it somewhere?

picked up a bottle of this today along with zaya and ron zacapa 23

i'll let you know what i thought in a few days! my local liquor guy made me buy it.. he had two bottles left and told me i'd miss out on something great.

i'll let you know what i thought in a few days! my local liquor guy made me buy it.. he had two bottles left and told me i'd miss out on something great.

Why, are they not producing it any longer?

AVB

You are the Whiskey authority. I'm really getting into the Scotch and Bourbon. I have a question for you. What kind of glass do you use when you drink? Do you notice a difference in the nose and taste when using a certain glass? I see many opinions on the net, what's your take on this?

Keith

I use Ravenscroft for Scotch

scotch%20glass.jpg

and Riedel for bourbon.

3%20Amigos2.JPG

I did notice a difference with the Ravenscroft over the rocks glass I was using.

Those are nice looking glasses. Thanks for the recommendations. I've never drank my scotch or borboun in the proper glass I'm intrigued.

Keith

Why, are they not producing it any longer?

not sure, he said he just didnt' think he'd be able to get anymore. and my guy gets EVERYTHING that's humanly imagineable or legal in texas.

I use Ravenscroft for Scotch

scotch%20glass.jpg

and Riedel for bourbon.

3%20Amigos2.JPG

I did notice a difference with the Ravenscroft over the rocks glass I was using.

Interesting. Speaking of glasswear has anyone used any of the breathable wine glasses, or are they just a crock of sh1t?

I found this at my local shop today, I think i might give it a go. But it's at 52$ now! I find it hard to buy a bourbon over 50$ that is not Rock Hills!

What do you think about Bookers at about 55$?

Booker's or Bakers are both good. Skip the Basil Hayden.

Right now I have 59 Scotches with two on order, 2 Irish whiskeys and 29 Bourbon/Ryes. That will be 30 on Monday. I've pretty much finished with the Bourbon as there are only 4 more on my want list and one of those I'll never find in my price range. Still have 15 left on the Scotch list though.

This post about made me spit diet coke all over my screen. ;)

I saw that too. I think it is up to 325 and 110 give or take now

Great review, Ray. That really sounds like something I'd like. I have been trying to find a bottle of the Pappy Van Winkle 15 or even 20, with absolutely no luck. I suppose it's time to shoot for something else to try, and this one sounds like a winner.

I do have a question. If you ever add water, do you make a point to mention it in your review?

I have a set of those Riedel Bourbon glasses. I recently bought a bottle of Black Maple Hill. This one has no age listed. I have tried it in two glasses, one a High Ball, and then the Riedel. Definite differance in flavors and intensity. I sipped it neat. I am still a newbie at trying Bourbons. I haven't added water, yet, but may try it next time I have a pour.

Booker's or Bakers are both good. Skip the Basil Hayden.

I appreciate your review AVB and I second this. At first, I was enthusiastic about Basil Hayden's because it's so dang smooth. I realized that after trying both Bookers and Bakers, the BH's lacks some flavors and complexity that I enjoy a lot.
Mmm bourbon. Is it wrong to want a drink at 7am? :D