• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenfiddich Havana Reserve Scotch

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Glenfiddich 21 yo Havana reserve Scotch, 700 ml, presentation tube, standard Glenfiddich bottle, 80 proof, not available in the US, about $110 from the UK.

Glenfiddich%2021%20Havana%20Reserve-2.JPG

The wife won some contest at work and so last night we found ourselves in a Limo headed toward one of the fanciest restuarants in the Baltimore area, Peerce's Plantation. I took along my bottle of Havana Reserve and a RASS for the the ride down.

Well, it turns out I couldn't smoke in the Limo so the bottle got my full attention. Because Rum casks from Sancti Spiritus in Cuba are used in the making of this, it isn't allowed to be imported to the US. Also, the name has been changed to Gran Reserva although that still won't get it into this country.

The nose is one of the richest you'll find with malt, chocolate, oranges and a hint of toffee. Tasting confirms the chocolate and a bit of vanilla sweetness balanced with aged malt. The rum finish blends seemlessly with the malt and doesn't stand in front as you might think.

Iain Banks in Raw Spirit said, '"Utterly Assured whisky making of the first order" and also called it "The Perfect Dram." While I won't go that far, it is very, very good and well worth seeking out. If you are interested, email or PM me and I'll point you in the right direction to get some of your own. :thumbs:

Well, I got a bottle of this in AVB's group buy, and I must say, while I can't distinguish subtle flavors like he can, this stuff is good! Definitely has a bit of a different flavor from traditional scotch, but like AVB said, its not as obvious or stright forward as you might expect.

I as well picked up a bottle of this along with other1 and AVB. I sat down and poured a dram on my birthday. It was not nearly as sweet as I anticipated it. The rum cast add the perfect amout of sweetness to this scotch. I would definately recommend this to those searching for something a little different than your normal Highland scotch

Sure, make me feel bad for passing on the buy :p Sounds great. Thanks for the notes :thumbs:

Sounds interesting guys, thanks for the review AVB. Maybe a future bonus ;) will purchase a bottle. Should have awesome Nov/Dec bonuses I'm hoping.

AVB said:
Glenfiddich 21 yo Havana reserve Scotch, 700 ml, presentation tube, standard Glenfiddich bottle, 80 proof, not available in the US, about $110 from the UK.

The wife won some contest at work and so last night we found ourselves in a Limo headed toward one of the fanciest restuarants in the Baltimore area, Peerce's Plantation. I took along my bottle of Havana Reserve and a RASS for the the ride down.

Well, it turns out I couldn't smoke in the Limo so the bottle got my full attention. Because Rum casks from Sancti Spiritus in Cuba are used in the making of this, it isn't allowed to be imported to the US. Also, the name has been changed to Gran Reserva although that still won't get it into this country.

The nose is one of the richest you'll find with malt, chocolate, oranges and a hint of toffee. Tasting confirms the chocolate and a bit of vanilla sweetness balanced with aged malt. The rum finish blends seemlessly with the malt and doesn't stand in front as you might think.

Iain Banks in Raw Spirit said, '"Utterly Assured whisky making of the first order" and also called it "The Perfect Dram." While I won't go that far, it is very, very good and well worth seeking out. If you are interested, email or PM me and I'll point you in the right direction to get some of your own. :thumbs:
where in MD do you live AVB??

He lives in the part thats in Pennsylvania. :p

Shuuuuuuuuuush! Now everyone knows. ???

AVB said:
Shuuuuuuuuuush! Now everyone knows. ???
And unless you want the rest of the address posted you'll send me the contents of the top shelf of your liquor cabinet! :0

:sign: :p

Sure....go ahead and threaten a Marine....I need some excitement. :0

Had about 6oz of this at the Jets game last night. This stuff is great :thumbs:

Ohhhh, so you were that half naked, green painted, green afro wearing guy. :0 :0

AVB said:
Ohhhh, so you were that half naked, green painted, green afro wearing guy. :0 :0
I have not and will not ever facepaint!!!!

It's called a blackout. ;)

Broke out some of this last night and I'm always amazed how good it is. Glad that I have another buy coming up so I can get more.

Broke out some of this last night and I'm always amazed how good it is. Glad that I have another buy coming up so I can get more.

I love this Scotch Ray. I have a couple of bottles left, but always interested in picking up more. Especially since the service I have historically used without flaw abroad is getting a bit spotty lately. Let me know when you're going to do your buy...I might partake.

This was my first love of Single Malts and while I've tried a few others since then, the Gran Reserva is still my favorite!! :thumbs: