• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Campbeltown Loch 25 yo

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Campbeltown Loch 25 yo blended Scotch, 750ml, 80 proof, no extra packaging, about $45, no longer available, replaced with a 21 yo version.

Campbeltown%20Loch%2025.JPG

Campbeltown Loch I wish you were whisky
Campbeltown Loch, och aye
Campbeltown Loch I wish you were whisky
I would drink you dry

(Old Scottish tune)

I have a friend who is going over to the Sandbox on December 1st and his family was kind enough to invite me to his party last night. I've known Walt for 20 years, ever since he was a young 2nd Lt. We spent the next few hours telling lies and war stories as often happens when you mix a bunch of service guys and beer. :D Tonight’s dram is in his honor.

Being made by J.A Mitchell you know that this blend has some very old Springbank and maybe even Longmorn in it. How they sold it at such a low price is one of the better mysteries of the scotch world. $45 for a 25 yo is an incredibly good buy when compared to Johnnie Walker Blue, or Chivas Royal Salute, both at around $150 and they are only 21 years old.

This drink is an enticing concoction when nosed. Grains mix softly with malt and oak and a hint of lemon in a subtle way. The tasting is marvelous with peaches and chocolate mixing in a round smoky finish that leaves you wanting more. As expected, the finish is fairly long with the fruit flavors staying a surprisingly long time.

While the 21 yo version isn’t quite the same I'd say it incorporates at least 90% of the 25 yo. A killer blend at a killer price, well worth looking for. An ACE
:thumbs:

Great review, AVB. I'll have a dram of something tonight in toast to your buddy.

You might want to look here for some. I'd call and ask which one they have because the price is really low for either and might be a mistake.

Another great review AVB, as always. I have a bottle of the 25 amongst my weaponry and it's definitely one I reach for time and time again.

Thoughts and prayers with your buddy and his family too. :thumbs: