• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 Anniversary - Anything Better?

KevinWHoecker

Here is my conundrum. I can't imagine that there would be a better cigar than a Padron 1926 Anniversary Robusto Maduro. I would love to hear if anyone feels that there is a non-cuban, or even cuban for that matter that is better. I am partial to the Cuban Montecristo #2's, but the 1926 has a special place in my heart. Let me know what you guys feel is comparable. I will run out and buy it.

have you tried the '64 maduro? the piramide is my personal favorite. im not saying its better than a 26, but its not much worse.

The piramide is my favorite from the 64 line. :love: If only I can find some more. Followed by the torp. :love:

Uhhhhhh, the word "Anniversary" is NOT used with respect to a Padron 1926 at all. The Padron Anniversary 1964 Naturals which are sometimes called "PAN" and the Padron Anniversary 1964 Maduros, which are sometimes called "PAM" use "anniversary" in their name. The Padron 1926 does not. ;)

I prefer the Padron 1926 line over the 64s but there are many a Padron whore out there who see it the other way around (like RicMac25 :laugh: ).

KevinWHoecker said:
Here is my conundrum. I can't imagine that there would be a better cigar than a Padron 1926 Anniversary Robusto Maduro. I would love to hear if anyone feels that there is a non-cuban, or even cuban for that matter that is better. I am partial to the Cuban Montecristo #2's, but the 1926 has a special place in my heart. Let me know what you guys feel is comparable. I will run out and buy it.
[snapback]207487[/snapback]​

Ya like 'em even more than your Lars Tetens? :)

I agree, the Padrón 1926 Serie cigars are excellent cigars; but like food, wine, beer, etc., what you're in the mood for varies from time to time. There is no "best", IMHO.

moki said:
KevinWHoecker said:

I agree, the Padrón 1926 Serie cigars are excellent cigars; but like food, wine, beer, etc., what you're in the mood for varies from time to time. There is no "best", IMHO.
[snapback]207628[/snapback]​

Ah, thanks for the "reminder" about our semi-famous pseudo-cigar merchant Andrew :laugh: You woulda thought that a guy who runs a cigar shop would know that there's no such thing as a "Padron Anniversary 1926" :sign:

coventrycat86 said:
moki said:
KevinWHoecker said:

[snapback]207628[/snapback]​

Ah, thanks for the "reminder" about our semi-famous pseudo-cigar merchant Andrew :laugh: You woulda thought that a guy who runs a cigar shop would know that there's no such thing as a "Padron Anniversary 1926" :sign:
[snapback]207645[/snapback]​

Google it...

coventrycat86 said:
there's no such thing as a "Padron Anniversary 1926" :sign:
[snapback]207645[/snapback]​

Padron 40th?

what cc is refering to is this

anniversary 1964 -the year padron started making cigars

serie 1926-to commerate (jorges?) 75th birthday

theres a reason for the 40th band on the 26 but i cant remember why

OutlawD said:

[snapback]207815[/snapback]​

2004 was their company's 40th Anniversary... (1964 + 40 = 2004)

There are thousands of other smokers that refer to the 1926 as an Anniversary. Maybe my problem is that the band is never on for very long before I smoke them.

Oh the joys of owning your own shop......

OutlawD said:

[snapback]207815[/snapback]​

Yeah, 40th Anniversary... To celebrate the companys 40th anni.

I understood what he was saying. I was not correcting him I was just busting balls but there is a 1926 "anniversary" cigar.

KevinWHoecker said:
There are thousands of other smokers that refer to the 1926 as an Anniversary. Maybe my problem is that the band is never on for very long before I smoke them.

Oh the joys of owning your own shop......
[snapback]207837[/snapback]​

I would think one of the main goals and responsibilities would be to make sure you properly inform your customers. ;)

"Ford Expulsion....err, Ford Explosion....no. no Ford Expedition. Wanna buy one?"

KevinWHoecker said:
There are thousands of other smokers that refer to the 1926 as an Anniversary.
[snapback]207837[/snapback]​

Okay... but they are wrong. The proper name is Padrón 1926 Serie

coventrycat86 said:
I prefer the Padron 1926 line over the 64s but there are many a Padron whore out there who see it the other way around (like RicMac25 :laugh: ).
[snapback]207582[/snapback]​

Actually, this Padron whore now counts the Padron Serie 1926 no.9 Natural as his favorite Padron.

NorCalCigarLover said:
Ian is responsible for turning a few of us around here into Padron whores ;) .

:cool:
[snapback]207923[/snapback]​

He has definitely fed my habit, that's for sure.