• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tamdhu 10 yo Single Malt

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Tamdhu 10 yo Fine Single Malt, Highland - Speyside, 750 ml, standard bottle, may or may not have box packaging, 80 proof, about $25-30.

Tamdhu%2010.JPG

tamdhu-10b.jpg

Tamdhu, a fairly new distillery as these things go, was built in 1897 solely as a blending whisky. However, with the renewed interest in Single Malts a distillery bottling of a 10 and 18 year old were released a few years ago and continue to be available to date. However, most of Tamdhu's output is still used in Famous Grouse, J&B and Cutty Sark blends.

If ever there was a single malt for the novice single malt scotch drinker this has to be it. Over ice or with a bit of water this is a very smooth flavorful dram. Of course, drunk neat even more of the flavors come out with only a slight decrease in the smoothness.

Tamdhu is a light honey color in the bottle and even lighter in the glass. The picture above is darker then the one in my hand. Nosing is a cereal-malt-fruit mix that is most enjoyable. This comes from the 5 years spent in old bourbon casks before being transfered to sherry casks for the next 5 years. Tasting is full of fruits, baked apple, faint tangerine, perhaps some apricot and malt. It is almost chewey with flavors. The finish is really long for a somewhat young scotch with the tangerine notes slowly fading to a oakiness.

While not terribly complex, this is a very enjoyable drink that could be a regular pour for a number of people. I like it :D

I like it too...

In fact my bottle is almost empty, time to order another :thumbs:

LOL think he was ribbing me, AVB and not you... And I still think it smells like tequila... :p

that remark was aimed at wurms insistance that this fine scotch smells like nasty tequila.

I went looking for this tonight at the local liquor store...Response I got...

"Never Heard of it" :angry2:

Hillbilly Steaks said:
I went looking for this tonight at the local liquor store...Response I got...

"Never Heard of it" :angry2:
[snapback]296096[/snapback]​

PM AVB he should be able to point you in the right direction, he helped me find my bottle over here :thumbs:

If Sam's doesn't ship to you LMK, there are others out there.

Great review as always AVB...and I tend to agree with you on this to the extent that I regard this as a somewhat lightweight/novice scotch. Still not a bad one. I've got one dusty bottle somewhere around here myself.