No replies to this topic

#1 Kingantz

Kingantz

Growing too fast.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,625 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

Memorial Day! Not a single plan made for today other than sit back, relax, and enjoy time with the family. Oh, and smoke cigars. :D I slept in this morning rather late, so picked out a smaller smoke to have with coffee. I spied a Quintero 2001 thatís been in the humi for a while, and it looked like a good enough specimen so grabbed it up and out to the porch I went.

These are cheaper, machine made smokes, and Iíve had quite a few of the smaller vitolas that were okay smokes, mainly good for having while doing yard work or something of that nature. This cigar is a nice looking corona size with medium brown wrapper that is very coarse with a patchwork of veins throughout and slightly noticeable oil. Itís very spongy when squeezed, which I find in most cheaper machine made cigars. I punched the cap and found the draw to have a slight over resistance, but well enough to get air through.

With fire to the foot, first draw is extremely mild, almost like drawing nothing but air through. I get very little flavor as well, noticing mostly a bitter acidic taste. Maybe the draw is tighter than I thought.

I continue on and the smoke continues to be extremely mild to my palate with very little to no flavor coming through. Then finally, at over the halfway mark, I start getting a somewhat medium bodied smoke with a hint of spice. Iím also detecting faint vanilla and toasted nut flavor, however nothing by way of a finish.

The burn was good throughout the cigar with the ash, a medium gray, holding long enough to knock off in the ashtray. I didnít care much for this cigar as it was far too mild, with the exception towards the end where the body did pick up, however there still wasnít much in flavor. I would definitely consider these yard gars. ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users