• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Black Dragon Labels

mp928

Hey everyone,

I just had my first Gurkha last week; a Black Dragon Robusto. I liked the cigar and saw a good deal on a 5er (devil site), so decided to go for the deal.
The cigar that I had last week came individually wrapped in cedar with the Gurkha man on the label, seen here:
nl1y1e.jpg

The 5er that I won came without the cedar wrapping and different labels on them, seen here:

2ytyxdd.jpg

I was just wondering if the difference in presentation denotes a different year, or if there is any reason why the same cigar came presented two different ways.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and Happy Smoking!

I have never seen the cigar with the dragon on the label.I thought all Gurkha's came with 2 bands one with the samurai and one below it saying what type.I must be wrong.....very interesting though,Thanks for posting,Bill

Did the fiver deal read "Gurkha"? Just curious if they are playing with words on the devil's site.

I did join there a couple of years ago, although I lost/forgot my pass word. I have never actually won/bought anything from it.

I often wonder if that was a bigger blessing than I realize. :D

Did the fiver deal read "Gurkha"? Just curious if they are playing with words on the devil's site.

I did join there a couple of years ago, although I lost/forgot my pass word. I have never actually won/bought anything from it.

I often wonder if that was a bigger blessing than I realize. :D
I have bought thousands of dollars through them and all went well until the last time.I bought a box of 8 God of Fire tubos and I never recieved them.UPS said I sighned for them but I did not.that has been a month ago and i still dont have them..I use them because I can find cigars there that local shops dont stock,but will not be back until they settle up on the missing box.Regards,Bill

Thanks for the replies everyone. I went back to the cbid lot that I won to make sure that they really said Gurkha! That would be pretty slick if they did a little word play!

I've smoked one and liked it. According to CI, they changed the band. The new one is pretty freakin cheesy.

"note: the package has recently been updated for the Black Dragon. We were fortunate to receive an advance shipment of this packaging, complete with new bands."

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDis...S-GGB&cat=3

That explains it all, and I agree that the new packaging is pretty cheesy. I hope the newly packaged Black Dragons have the old taste to them! I enjoyed the older one!

I'll have to give a taste test in the near future.

Thanks again for the replies

I picked up a 10-ct. about 2 months back on Cbid and they had the new label already. Not too impressed with the first 2 but maybe some down time will help.................or at least I will have satisfied my curiosity with them. Either way I was happy with the price I snagged them at.
Hope you like them!

Once upon a time I really enjoyed Gurkha's including the Black Dragon. As of late I have found wide variances in cigar quality. I have found in all the lines I have tried they are either really great or really bad. Very disappointing considering the quality I had gotten used to.

I am like the rest, the new labels suck. Very corny. Something that you would find on Cartoon Network. Does anyone know the exact date the new labels became standard?