• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana Cheroot

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I was gifted this cigar (thanks Aaron) and have been looking forward to giving it a try since received. The wrapper is a dull, medium brown with small veins throughout, has noticeable tooth, and slight oil. There’s a bit of give when squeezed, and with the tapered head clipped I find a perfect draw with a straightforward tobacco taste.

Now I’ve read where these are really powerful little smokes, so once lit and burning good, I take it quite easy on my first draw and find the smoke to be a medium strength with a slight peppery spice. I think to myself, “This isn’t so bad.” However, when I take my second draw, which was a fairly decent amount, my mind changed very quickly. I was hit, and very quickly I might add, with an incredibly powerful strength that sent me reeling. I was actually walking around in the yard, and had to get back to the porch and sit down, this thing was just that strong. Now this was what I would call thermo-nuclear, had to be all ligero.

Flavors coming through in the very full strength smoke was actually really good with a straightforward tobacco and hint of toasted nut. The burn was sharp with a toothy, light gray ash that held strong until tapped off. There’s really not much more to describe with this smoke other than powerful with a good flavor. Thanks Aaron for sending, definitely a unique cigar!

10-17-09LFDCheroot001.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

10-17-09LFDCheroot002.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

10-17-09LFDCheroot003.jpg

Nice review! I have 1 of these just sitting in the humi that I need to give a try.

Ah, yes - the famous "Icepick". Thanks for the review. One doesn't see too many of these floating around.