• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vegueros Seoane

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Oh yeah, winter is definitely here with the temperature gauge reading 45F this morning. There’s a fairly strong breeze blowing making it feel even colder. Yeah, I know, Jim’s probably gonna have a good laugh if he reads this, but here in the South that’s freakin’ cold! :laugh: I decided to grab a smaller smoke, a Vegueros Seoane, and settled down on the back porch.

I was lucky enough to have a good friend invite me in on a split for these smokes not long ago, was a very good deal going on, and picked up several boxes. Of course, the year on these (sorry, can't remember what the exact year, however '99, '00, or '01) gave a little reservation, however I’m very glad I got in on it as there have been very few plugged, so far. I took all of the little smokes out of the cardboard boxes and put them in an empty Boli cab (Bolis! :D ), and found it interesting how so many had different shades of wrapper, and having put fire to a good many, they actually even burn different with the ash on some being very compact with rings and others having a more rugged, loose ash. However, the flavors have been fairly consistent.

The wrapper on this particular stick is a dull, medium brown with a patchwork of prominent veins, and slightly noticeable oil. It’s firm when squeezed and with the cap punched I find it has a perfect draw. I put fire to the foot and good medium strength smoke is flowing through in no time with a mild spice on the back of the throat. Flavors are really good, that of vegetable with hints of coffee and a worn leather. I thought it interesting the flavor being vegetable, a green label, and the name being Vegueros. There’s a delicious finish left on the palate after exhaling, quite lasting.

The burn is sharp with a dark gray ash forming that is very loose, falling on its own at every three quarter inch or so. Good medium smoke is flowing really well through the perfect draw and flavors continuing to be quite rich and delicious, consistent as previously described with an excellent finish that’s lasting.

This is definitely a very good little smoke with sharp burn, perfect draw, delicious, rich flavors and lasting finish. Again, very glad I did get in on these and wish I had gotten more while they were on sale. Did any others pick these up and if so, how are they smoking?

10-18-09VeguerosSeoane001.jpg

10-18-09VeguerosSeoane002.jpg

10-18-09VeguerosSeoane003.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

I picked some up too, Greg. I found them to be quite pleasant, especially for what they cost. I was really huffing through them when I first got them. Also, I gave plenty away, as well.

That is some of the dirtiest ash I have seen. I'll have to look into these. Thanks for the review, I always look forward to them. :thumbs:

The diameter of that center stick looks quite a bit smaller. I've heard quite a few people talk about plugged sticks from that period as well as a continued problem with it. Do you think it has more to do with the quality control at that time or less experienced torcedores?