• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Serie 1926 No. 2 Natural

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Cloudy, cool, blustery morning. Supposed to be rain the next couple days with highs only getting up to 55F. It’s been a very warm November so far with no hard freeze hitting yet. I’m actually still pulling nice tomatoes off the vine! The ten day forecast shows Friday next week may get low enough to freeze, will be covering those plants.

I’m putting fire to a Padron ’26 No. 2 this morning with natural wrapper that is smooth with very little noticeable oil. The box pressed cigar is very firm and has a good weight in the hand. I only clip a small amount off the tapered head as I’ve had a good bit of experience with loose draws on these cigars, however it has a perfect resistance with a somewhat sweet, straightforward tobacco flavor in the cold draw.

Looking around, I can’t seem to find my Zippo torch, however there’s a box of matches next to me so grab then and begin toasting the foot. It’s been a long while since I’ve lit a cigar with matches and rather enjoyed the slow process. After some time, the foot is burning perfectly and with taking a few puffs, an abundance of white, fluffy smoke is produced.

My first long draw brings a mild to not quite medium strength smoke with only a hint of spice on the back of the tongue and throat. Exhaling slowly through the mouth and nose, the body is incredibly full and balanced perfectly with a richness on the palate that made me stop and go, “Wow!” Light vanilla, sweet, with a toasted nut and hint of wood, possibly cedar come through in the flavors with a rich finish that is lasting.

A third in and the burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that has a small amount of tooth throughout. Strangely enough, the draw tightens up to where I can barely get any smoke through, so tap off the ash and clip the head once, still tight, and then after a second clipping the draw is perfect again. Huge amounts of smoke is produced that has a perfect balance between strength and body. Flavors are consistent with a possible hint of cocoa now in the mix, very rich and simply delicious on the palate, pairing well with my coffee.

Heading through the halfway and into the final third, this cigar performed perfectly with sharp burn, perfect draw, rich flavors, and lasting, delicious finish. Although the strength is rather mild, I’m simply amazed at the fullness in the body of the smoke, hitting my palate just right. What an absolutely incredible smoke with a good cup of morning coffee. Wow.

11-22-09Padron26No2001.jpg

11-22-09Padron26No2002.jpg

DSC03622.jpg

11-22-09Padron26No2004.jpg

Fantastic review Greg, as always. :thumbs: Obviously I'm not alone saying this, but I love those 1926's! The No. 9 is my favorite, with the No. 35 a close second. Someday I will just buy a box. :D

So whats the deal with the bump on the head of this cigar? I have noticed it on a few Tat's as well.

PJ

Nice review Greg. The 1926 line is probably my favorite NC premium.
Smoking a No. 9 Maduro as I was reading this.
A definite Desert Island smoke that stores great too.

Nice review Greg. The 1926 line is probably my favorite NC premium.
Smoking a No. 9 Maduro as I was reading this.
A definite Desert Island smoke that stores great too.

Couldn't have said it better, Monk! While my Cuban experience is limited, I'd say that the '26 line tops any ISOM I've smoked thus far.

Nice review, as always, Greg.

I've been a big fan of the natural 26's and 64's for a long time. They sure don't get the same attention as their maduro brothers. Too bad; I think they are a more dimensioinal, more complex smoke. More complexity, less overwhelmed by the maduro wrapper.

One guys opinion - B.B.S.

Nice review, as always, Greg.

I've been a big fan of the natural 26's and 64's for a long time. They sure don't get the same attention as their maduro brothers. Too bad; I think they are a more dimensioinal, more complex smoke. More complexity, less overwhelmed by the maduro wrapper.

One guys opinion - B.B.S.

Yes, BBS, I'd have to say you're right on the money there. Definitely more complex, delicious, and used to cost less too. :(

Greg, another fantastic review. This is a solid NC. I've still got a box of #6s.