• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Verocu No. 9

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I was hoping it would be clear by now, however it’s still a cloudy, dreary looking day that is making my mood somewhat somber. I made some grilled cheese sandwiches with sweet pickles on the side for lunch, which was actually really good (Jessica ate almost all hers). After finishing, I went to the humis and picked out a Tat Verocu No. 9 that has been in there for a while and unfortunately don’t remember where I picked it up. The wrapper is a dark brown with not much by way of oil, actually looks a great deal like a Drac wrapper. There’s one small vein running the length, a perfect triple cap on top, and a decent weight in the hand with no soft spots that I could find. I punch the cap and find the draw is perfect with a strong dark cocoa taste coming through.

It takes no time at all to get the foot covered evenly with glowing orange embers and volumes of fluffy white smoke pours through as I take a few puffs. With the amount of smoke coming through, I take a short draw and get a rather powerful white pepper spice on the throat, however it at least didn’t make my eyes water. :D A few more draws and the spice dies down enough to really enjoy the full strength, full-bodied smoke coming through. Flavors are definitely Tatuaje with vanilla, worn leather, and a roasted nut taste having a nice richness to it, smooth over the palate. There’s a nice finish that so far is really good upon exhale, however only semi-lasting.

A third in and the burn is sharp with a light to medium gray ash forming that is rather compact, holding strong until tapped off. I still find a full strength and body in the smooth smoke, flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw. Flavors have really developed to become very rich with a twinge of sweetness that I’m thoroughly enjoying. The finish is becoming more and more lasting on the palate the further in I go with a delicious twang.

Halfway in and the spice has definitely settled down to a perfect amount, hitting the back of the tongue and throat just right. I’m finding the smoke has gone from a full strength to more of a medium with a soft, creamy body that coats the palate with rich, delicious flavors. The burn continues to be sharp and the draw has excellent resistance allowing the perfect amount of smoke to flow through. Exhaling slowly through the mouth and nose, I get a nice tingling in the nostrils with a lasting finish left on the palate.

What an incredibly good smoke this was with sharp burn, perfect draw, rich flavors and lasting finish. I’ve actually seen these cigars a number of times at a very good price point and would say they are worth it. Thoroughly enjoyed this delicious cigar!

11-24-09VerocuNo9001.jpg

11-24-09VerocuNo9002.jpg

11-24-09VerocuNo9003.jpg

Excellent review and pictures as always Greg! These are on my hit list to try, I've heard nothing but good.

Excellent review and pictures as always Greg! These are on my hit list to try, I've heard nothing but good.

Indeed Greg your reviews are always enlightening and a good read to boot. just need to find another that way Charles and I can stop fighting over the one Verocuwe we have :laugh:

Great stuff! When these go on sale they are one of the true bargains out there. Heck, even at their regular price they're a steal for Tats this good!

~Boar

Once again another great detailed review greg! I too agree it's a great well rounded stick for sure. I just fired up a smoke
and saw i had only one left... i'm sad :(