• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mi Dominicana Lancero

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s turned out to be a beautiful day with the temperature on the back porch right at 60F and the humidity at 41%. I decided to come out and have a go at this mystery lancero I received from David (Azoetia) a couple few weeks ago. This cigar is constructed well with a Rosado shade wrapper that has noticeable oil, one prominent vein running the length, and a smallish pigtail on the cap. It feels quite hefty in the hand, very firm when squeezed, and after punching the cap with the medium ring on my knife I find a perfect draw. There’s a taste of straightforward tobacco coming through.

The small foot lights easily and plumes of bluish white smoke is pouring from the newly formed embers. I let the fire burn and a small bit of ash form, then take a long draw to get a medium, white pepper spice on the tongue and back of the throat. The smoke is a good medium in strength with full body, and I can distinctly taste the Rosado wrapper burning, a leathery, woody, citrus flavor all in one. I also detect a bit of roasted nut with just a hint of vanilla..

A third in and the burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that holds well for the first inch, however as I sit the cigar down in the ashtray, it hits a little too hard and the second inch falls. The smoke continues to be a good medium strength, bordering closely on full, and flowing well through the perfect draw. The body is full and very smooth over the palate with the spice now mellow, hitting the back of the throat just right. There’s a very good finish left on the palate after exhaling and is quite lasting.

Halfway and into the final third, the burn remained sharp with the ash still falling off on its own. I’ll tell ya, the smoke transitioned to a good full strength and had my head swimming a bit right towards the end with the body full as well, but oh so smooth on the palate. Flavors were consistent and very rich with a lasting finish that was delicious. Prior to firing this thing up, I was leaning towards it being a Davidoff Millennium or possibly Don Carlos lancero, however it sure tasted a lot like an Opus Lancero. What say you David?

12-20-09AzoetiaMystery001.jpg

12-20-09AzoetiaMystery002.jpg

Very nice review, as always! This cigar is a little hidden gem that I am quite fond of. For my tastes, this is a great morning or early afternoon cigar. Although I will admit I smoked one from the box I sent you and since he changed the wrapper they are a bit more full than the first releases. Not quite as expensive as the cigars you mentioned - the Mi Dominicana lancero can be found for less than $8 per stick. Glad you enjoyed it. Since I am an imbecile with regards to thread linking etc., I can't condense the following link but here was my thoughts on it a while back:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/58752-mi-dominicana-lancero/page__p__883686__hl__mi%20dominicana__fromsearch__1&#entry883686