• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AVO LE 05 OR

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Christmas has come and gone, and I believe I’m about ten pounds heavier from all the food eaten yesterday. I put a ham in the Crockpot and slow cooked it for about eight hours. Made a huge pan of home made macaroni and cheese, two huge pans of home made dressing (was craving it for some reason), cabbage, collards, huge mess of home made potato salad (wife made it), ham gravy, biscuits, and four sweet potato pies. Yes, I ate way too much for sure. I put fire to quite a few sticks yesterday, and one was the AVO LE 05 OR received from David (Azoetia). The wrapper was slightly lighter than the one from the 80th humidor with noticeable oils and one prominent vein. After punching the cap I find the draw to be perfect with taste of straightforward tobacco.

After lighting the foot, I take a few puffs and then a long draw to get a rather mild strength with only a small amount of spice on the tongue. There’s not much richness in the mild-bodied smoke, flavors are simply straightforward tobacco with not much by way of finish left on the palate.

A third in and the burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that is loose and falls off easily on its own. Smoke, mild in strength and body, continues to come through in abundance through the perfect draw with the straightforward tobacco taste remaining consistent. I wouldn’t say it was a bad smoke; however there’s really not much by way of richness in the flavor, nor in the finish which is quite short on the palate. I will say though, that the smoke is very smooth.

Unfortunately, halfway through, the battery on my camera died completely, so I wasn’t able to get final pics. However, the rest of the cigar was consistent with sharp burn, perfect draw, straightforward tobacco taste, and not much by way of finish left on the palate. I have to admit that I didn’t really care a whole lot for this smoke as it was just a little too mild and the flavors just weren’t really there. Many thanks for giving me the opportunity to give this cigar a try David!

DSC04516.jpg

12-26-09AVOLE05OR001.jpg

12-26-09AVOLE05OR002.jpg

12-26-09AVOLE05OR003.jpg

Another solid review, Greg! I am glad that you smoked this within a few days of the other LE05. This way you really had a true comparison of the two variations. The OR is definitely a milder cigar and one that I try to smoke as the first of the day, preferrably early and with a clean palate since it isn't terribly strong. Since I have been gravitating away from the full-bodied cigars, the OR is very clean and that's probably why I prefer this blend :laugh:

Very nice Greg, but I have to differ with your assessment. For me, the LE05 is the best cigar I've ever smoked.

Question for you and/or others: Did they make 2 versions of this cigar - and are the ones that are still floating around at a few select retailers the version with the later wrapper? I have some bonafide ORs and got some LE05s as a Christmas gift. And I swear they are the same wrapper - don't like different like your side-by-side photo does.

Thanks all.