• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje La Riqueza No. 5 Cabinet

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
The La Riqueza No. 5 has been my absolute favorite go to smoke for some time now, and was lucky enough to get a 50 cab a little while back (thanks brotha!). I’ve been trying my best to stay out of the box as I’d like to let them age a little, however it’s not been easy to leave them alone. Especially with it being freezing out and a short smoke being called for. I was packing up some smokes and dagnabbit, there sit that cab calling to me, so had to get one out to see how they’re coming.

I step outside and can see the medium brown wrapper loaded with tooth on this one, slight oils and tiny little crystals glistening in the sunlight. I punch the cap and find an absolute perfect draw with a slightly sweet taste of tobacco. I torch the foot and have it burning even in no time, smoke pouring from the forming embers.

After a couple quick puffs, I take a long draw and am greeted with a fairly strong pepper spice on the tongue and throat, the smoke itself close to being a full strength. Flavors are rich with taste of vanilla, roasted nuts, and leather all working well together, leaving a delicious, lasting finish on the palate.

I head over to the side of the house to tackle a huge wysteria bush that has gotten way overgrown, thing pretty much kicked my ass I must say, lol! After several minutes of clipping, cutting and pulling, I finally decided to give it up and finish up my cigar. Halfway in and the spice is still there, however mellowed nicely to a medium with the strength still close to full. There’s a dull, medium gray ash forming that is compact, smoke flowing well through the perfect draw.

I finished up the cigar sitting on the back porch, very relaxed, enjoying it immensely. I absolutely love La Riqueza smokes with their rich, rather thick profile that hits my palate perfectly. Sweet vanilla and a delicious twang left on the palate long after exhaling. I wouldn’t mind having nothing but these smokes in the humis.

01-05-2010LaRiq5Round.jpg

01-05-2010LaRiq5Round1.jpg

DSC05578.jpg

01-05-2010LaRiq5Round3.jpg

Where have you been Greg? I've been jones-ing for your reviews pal! :D

I bought a box of the La Requiza Double Corona Cabinents upon your recommendation of this line. I find them very mild and sweet. Was wondering if you'd had one of these, and what your take was on this larger vitola...

Again, an excellent review!

Regards,

BT

Where have you been Greg? I've been jones-ing for your reviews pal! :D

I bought a box of the La Requiza Double Corona Cabinents upon your recommendation of this line. I find them very mild and sweet. Was wondering if you'd had one of these, and what your take was on this larger vitola...

Again, an excellent review!

Regards,

BT

I've been FREEZING!! :laugh: It's been too cold to do any really good reviews, so just smoking regular stock. I've not had the DC Cabinet, only the No. 5 and Petit Robusto. I didn't even know there was a DC! :D If they're very mild, then they probably wouldn't fit my palate as I prefer medium to full. But, if I come across any, I'll definitely post up a review.

I love these smokes.

Infinity gifted me a bunch just before he passed. I have only a very few left. :(

Wonderful cigars!!

G-

..... I absolutely love La Riqueza smokes with their rich, rather thick profile that hits my palate perfectly. Sweet vanilla and a delicious twang left on the palate long after exhaling. I wouldn't mind having nothing but these smokes in the humis.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Well, I would have to have an Anejo and a couple of '64s thrown in there :laugh:, but these are a damn good smoke. I've been through 2 boxes and started on the third.

Easily my favorite of Pete Johnson's offerings. I love the flavor profile of the La Riquezas and unlike almost every other Tatuaje I've smoked, I've never had construction issues with them. As always, great review, Greg!

I have a box of the torpedos and a cab of the no.5's. I like the no.5's for when I polish the cars. Maybe thats why the cars are shiny and my cab is 2/3 gone.
sad.gif

Great review Greg!