• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Noellas Jan 2007

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I received this cigar in the MAWPIF from Derek (jnknzz) and have been looking forward to giving it a try. I took a couple pictures beside a recent release Noellas and the newer one has more oils with the wrapper a bit lighter. The older stick actually has small crystals that can’t really be seen in the close-up, however they are there. The dark brown wrapper looks like leather, the cigar firm with a decent weight in the hand. After punching the cap, I find the draw with a perfect resistance and a sweet tobacco taste coming through.

With the foot lit and burning even, I take my first draw and immediately am greeted with a very rich, sweet smoke, the spice is there however not overpowering as I find on the newer releases. It’s actually quite mellow right from the start, smooth over the palate with a good medium strength. As stated, the flavors are very rich with a sweet, dark cocoa, roasted nuts, and a delicious woodiness.

A third in and the burn starts running to one side requiring a fairly good touching-up. There seems to be some tunneling going on as I’m puffin away and not much smoke coming through. However, what smoke I do get is incredibly rich and smooth, still a good medium strength with a lasting finish on the palate. The ash is a dark gray, holding strong even with the bad burn.

I continue to have burn issues getting through the halfway mark and into the final third, however plenty of deliciously rich smoke is coming through. Towards the final third I get a rich, black coffee taste that is incredibly good, leaving a finish that makes me smack my lips more than once. In the end, the smoke is a medium to almost full strength and flowing well through the perfect draw.

I would have to say this cigar, with a couple years age, definitely has a difference to it compared to the newer sticks I’ve smoked. The peppery spice is much more smooth with the smoke creamier and what I would describe as having more depth, if that makes any sense. The rich, black coffee flavor towards the end is something I’ve not gotten in the more recent release smokes as well. It’s a shame I can’t seem to keep any of these long enough to get this much age on them. This was a fantastic smoke!

DSC05603.jpg

DSC05596.jpg

01-07-2010TatNoellas07001.jpg

01-07-2010TatNoellas07002.jpg

01-07-2010TatNoellas07003.jpg

Greg once again another stellar review :thumbs: But i must add as i was looking and reading your review i noticed i seemed to have lost total control of my lower lip which resulted in drool creeping down my face :laugh: These OR's have been a task to get my grimy lil mits on ???

Greg once again another stellar review :thumbs: But i must add as i was looking and reading your review i noticed i seemed to have lost total control of my lower lip which resulted in drool creeping down my face :laugh: These OR's have been a task to get my grimy lil mits on ???

Tell me about it! Would love to get my grimy, grubby little fingers on a few myself. :whistling:

thanks Greg you just reminded me I might have one in my humi :D

Great review Greg!! I love these cigars. Qality for a great, shorter smoke experience!!