• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Savinelli Liga Especial Robusto

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
The wife had an appointment to see the eye doctor this evening, so after she took off, I grabbed up a Savinelli Liga Especial Robusto and headed to the back porch to fire it up. On the way out, I stopped by the liquor cabinet and poured the last couple fingers of Glenfiddich 21 yr to sip on while smoking the cigar.

After pulling off the cello, I could see the cigar was well constructed with the Ecuadorian Habano 2000 wrapper with noticeable oil, silky smooth, and prominent veins running the length on the back of the cigar. It had a nice weight in the hand, firm when squeezed, and good bunching in the foot. After punching the head, I found a perfect resistance in the draw with a taste I couldn’t quite pinpoint, however quite sweet.

With the foot torched, tons of smoke poured from the forming embers. I took a couple quick puffs and then a semi-long draw that brought a quite powerful black pepper spice on the back of the tongue and throat. The smoke was really strong, full-bodied, however had a really rich, sweet, delicious flavor in the finish.

A few more draws in, the powerful spice mellowed and became quite smooth. The burn was incredibly sharp with a light gray ash forming that held strong, layers forming in it from each draw taken. The smoke flowed effortlessly through the perfect draw, was a good medium in strength, and had a very smooth, creamy body with deliciously rich flavors that left a lasting finish on the palate.

Into the middle and final third, the flavors took on more of a straightforward tobacco, with a sweet taste remaining and a mild spice on the tongue. The burn continued to be sharp with the medium strength smoke flowing well, the light gray ash holding strong until tapped off. It did get slightly hot towards the end with a more charred tobacco taste, however still delicious. This was my first Savinelli to date, and thoroughly enjoyed it!

01-27-10SavinelliLigaEspecial004.jpg

01-27-10SavinelliLigaEspecial001.jpg

01-27-10SavinelliLigaEspecial002.jpg

01-27-10SavinelliLigaEspecial003.jpg

Good to see a detailed review of a Savinelli. I have never seen one of these but I have been hearing good things about them. Thanks for the review!

Greg,

I just smoked one of the Toro a few days ago. A gift from a CP brother! I did basically get the same impressions as you.

I also smoked a Special Selection, and an RR. All of them were really decent cigars.

Nothing remarkable, but a good, solid smoke that I would never turn down.

See, you did it again. Now I got to go get one to try. :cool:

Sometimes I hate reading your reviews Greg because it makes me want to spend even more money running down those cigars! Another great review!

I have this feeling I could save you a little time and find a list of retailers for you ;)

Time I have... It's the money I don't. I'm trying to save for vacation, but have a horrific weakness for good cigars! :p I keep chanting, "Smoke through your stash, smoke through your stash..." It's not helping. I really appreciate the offer though!