• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny-O! Closed Poker Run

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
This is a very fresh cigar with only a day or so of downtime. The wrapper is a light golden brown, has noticeable oils, is silky smooth with one prominent vein running the length. It feels rather light in the hand, firm when squeezed, and after clipping the perfectly tapered head I find the draw has little resistance with a fresh, straightforward tobacco taste.

I toast the foot, get a good, even burn going, and take a few quick puffs and already get delicious flavor from the mild to almost medium strength smoke flowing through. In my first good draw I get a medium spiciness on the tongue and throat with a rather light body. Flavors are somewhat rich with tastes of toasted nuts, wood, and hints of leather. The finish is what I would describe as clean and lasting on the palate.

The burn is sharp through the first half with a medium to dark gray ash forming that holds well. Although the draw is rather loose, it is working well with a medium strength smoke flowing effortlessly through. Flavors are really good, somewhat rich with a very nice, lasting finish that continues to leave a clean taste on the palate.

To be a very fresh cigar, it smoked perfectly with sharp burn, good draw, and tons of medium strength smoke that left a delicious, clean finish on the palate. For someone that really loves a torpedo shape, these are perfect for short winter smokes. Many thanks John for an excellent cigar!

02-16-10JOCPR003.jpg

02-16-10JOCPR001.jpg

02-16-10JOCPR002.jpg

Great review Greg! I just revisited this one myself last weekend. The one I smoked had about 4 months age and it was very similar to what you described. Great cigar.