• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione No. 68 Bombone

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
After the Davidoff beetle incident, I went back looking for another small cigar and found this Illusione 68 that fit the bill, another smoke received from Stu (Punklawyer) in a recent PIF. The cigar has a very dark, oily wrapper with one prominent vein running the length and a well constructed triple cap on top. It feels light in the hand, so I use the smallest ring on my knife and punch the cap to find very little resistance and a rather musty taste in the cold draw.

The cigar lights quite easily and in my first draw I get a medium black pepper spice on the tongue and throat with the smoke itself almost full strength right from the start. Flavors are that of a rich dark earth, strong black coffee, and hints of leather and cocoa.

Through the first half, the burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming that holds until tapped off. An abundance of almost full strength smoke is produced and flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw. The spice has now mellowed to a perfect amount, and as I exhale slowly through the mouth and nose, the smoke tingles the nostrils. Flavors are quite consistent, rich and dark, with a very earthy, sweet finish that is lasting.

This is a perfect morning smoke for me with a spot on strength that completely satisfies. The burn was sharp through the rest of the smoke with an incredible amount of smoke produced that was thoroughly enjoyable, and a lasting finish left on the palate. Many thanks Stu for sending a delicious little cigar!

02-27-10IllusioneNo68003.jpg

02-27-10IllusioneNo68001.jpg

02-27-10IllusioneNo68002.jpg

I was given one of these and it's not quite as dark as the one you reviewed...it's still nice.

Spot on reveiw.

Very nice smoke!

Tasty little bastards for sure!

Nice review as always.

My favorite size is the CG4, It seems to me that every vitola I try, the first inch feels like a Souldog kick to the head. Then they seem to mellow and taste awesome.

....great review, as always, Greg.

I go back and forth between this one, the new Tat Petite Reserva, and the Padron Principe as my favorite small smokes. The are all dandys.....:thumbs:

These are my vote for the best short cigar. I am happy that you enjoyed it, Greg. :thumbs: