• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranaga Petit Corona

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
If not for the wind blowing, it would be a very nice morning as it’s not that cold out. Supposed to be up in the mid sixties tomorrow, possibly seventy! I’m definitely looking forward to that. While the coffee was brewing, I went to the humis feeling in the mood for something Cuban, however wasn’t sure what I would have that hasn’t already been reviewed. I recalled the note Dave (Davela) included in the excellent bomb he hit me with not long ago saying he too had a hard time finding something not reviewed. One of the smokes was a PLPC and sure enough, looking through my list there was no review, which is quite surprising as I know I’ve smoked quite a few previously.

Holding the cigar in the sunlight, I can see noticeable oil throughout the medium brown wrapper that is somewhat coarse with small veins throughout, one looking like patchwork. It has a good weight in the hand, is very firm when squeezed with a nice crunchy sound, and what looks to be possible overfill from the bunching in the foot. I punch the cap and find the draw has very little airflow, however isn’t completely plugged. I go ahead and use my Palio to clip a bit off the head, and hope that once lit, the tobacco will warm and loosen up.

Using my S.T. Dupont, I torch the foot slowly until there’s an even burn, take a few puffs to get the smoke flowing, and then a slow, long draw. Although the draw is still tight, there’s more than enough medium strength smoke coming through with a nice spice on the back of the tongue and throat. The body has a thick, somewhat oily feel on the palate with incredibly rich flavors tasting of sweet, dark brown sugar, cinnamon, roasted nut, and cocoa. I exhale slowly through the mouth and nose, savoring the richness in the smoke, enjoying the long finish.

Through the first third and into halfway, the burn is sharp with a mottled dark and gray ash forming that holds well until tapped off revealing a flat coal. Taking long, slow draws brings a perfect amount of medium strength smoke to the palate, cinnamon spice tingling the tongue and throat. The flavors are intense and deeply rich with a finish that makes me smack my tongue and lips, thoroughly enjoying the taste that is pairing perfectly with my coffee.

The cigar performed perfectly through to the end with sharp burn, good draw that produced a perfect amount of rich, medium strength smoke leaving a long finish on the palate that was simply incredible. I’ve always enjoyed the profile of the Por Larranaga marca, regardless of vitola, however the petit corona is a favorite size. Again, thanks so much Dave for sending, thoroughly enjoyed this cigar!

03-06-10PLPC003.jpg

03-06-10PLPC001.jpg

03-06-10PLPC002.jpg

Thanks for another great review brother. A PLPC with a few years on it is always a perfect early morning smoke with a nice dark roast coffee.

A truly great cigar...don't know if there is a better CC of the PC variety out there. Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the review. I was just recently introduced to these by a fine BOTL...and have enjoyed what I've smoked immensely.

Great Review... I can't read enough reviews regarding any of the PLs out there; I haven't had a bad one yet.
Think I'll be enjoying a PLPC after work as a matter of fact!!

Great Review... I can't read enough reviews regarding any of the PLs out there; I haven't had a bad one yet.
Think I'll be enjoying a PLPC after work as a matter of fact!!

Agreed reading this now that I have a CAB in the humi makes me want one real bad...LOL

Great review as they all are!

Paul

I smoked an old one with espresso a few weeks ago, Nice start to the morning. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Great review as always.... I love the cigars, they have always been one of my favorite PC's