• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aurora 1495 Series Churchill

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s a beautiful morning out with lots of sun and clear blue sky, already 55F on the back porch. Perfect weather to have a larger smoke, so grabbed one of the La Aurora 1495 Series Churchill’s that Jimmy (Emoshun) was kind enough to send for reviewing. The long 7” cigar has excellent construction with Colorado shade Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper that glistens in the sunlight with oils with a marbling appearance, and two prominent veins to the left of the band face that run the length. It has a slight give when squeezed, a solid weight in the hand, and after punching the cap I find a perfect resistance with a sweet golden raisin flavor in the cold draw.

The foot lights easily and after a couple quick puffs I take my first draw that brings an abundance of medium strength smoke through that is smooth over the palate. A nice white pepper spice hits the back of the tongue perfectly with the flavors rich and full, tastes of vanilla, toasted nut, and cocoa coming through. There’s a lasting finish left on the palate after slowly exhaling the delicious, smooth smoke.

Everything is working perfectly for the first inch or so with sharp burn and strong, compact ash forming that is medium gray in color, however somewhere around that point, I began having a difficult time getting smoke to flow through. I tap off the ash and sure enough, there’s a gaping hole down in the coal, which is obviously the culprit. I puff and purge for about another quarter inch before the cigar started to burn well again with the same medium strength smoke and spice coming through. Unfortunately it started again after the quarter inch where I was puffing quite a bit and no smoke being produced, the cigar wanted to go out on me a couple times. I tapped off the ash again and more tunneling could be seen down through the coal.

Finally, around the halfway mark, the tunneling issue ceased and volumes of medium to almost full strength smoke began to flow effortlessly through the perfect draw. I would say at this point, the spice actually picked up in strength slightly not becoming overpowering, but still spot on for my palate. Flavors continue to be full bodied and rich, smooth over the tongue and very tasty with a delicious, lasting finish.

The remainder of the cigar was excellent with sharp burn, perfect draw and very rich, smooth smoke that after exhaling slowly left a lasting finish on the palate. I have to add that there was a nice twang in the finish that I thoroughly enjoyed. With the exception of the tunneling issues, this was an absolutely fantastic cigar and again, must give thanks to Jimmy for sending!

Smoke time: 2 Hours

03-07-10LaAurora1495004.jpg

03-07-10LaAurora1495001.jpg

03-07-10LaAurora1495002.jpg

03-07-10LaAurora1495003.jpg

Nice Greg. I've only had the robusto of these but enjoy them quite a bit. Great smoke and easy on the wallet.

Great review as always!

Interestingly enough, I had a tunneling issue with the La Aurora Barrel Aged (twice). While a lesser quality smoke, its still interesting...wondering if L A is having some issues!

In any case, your reviews never cease to make my mouth water and my money burn holes in my pockets wanting to buy!

Great review Greg, spot on if I do say so myself.

I hope the 2nd stick treats you better than the first, as I have experienced maybe 2 out of the box who have displayed that characteristic.

Long ashes to you sir!

-Jimmy