• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Empty 75ct. humidor. What do put in there without breaking the bank?

TheAmericanStig

I have a 75ct desktop humidor that I recently brought back to life. Right now it has nine sticks, (a few fillers and some decent Dominicans). Looking at purchasing a box of Monte No. 2's for sure. I'm also looking at picking up another box of CC's - Ramon Allones Specially Selected seems to be a good deal and has some rave reviews. Thoughts? Two boxes of CC's plus some fillers on top rack and some room for a few Dominican sticks from around town. Trying to fill 'er up for Summertime and have a good rest of the year without always running to the local shops and paying way too much for "okay" cigars.

I'm sold on the Monte's but still looking for a decent box of Cubans that won't break the bank. Figured the RASS was a good fit. Nothing extremely long or heavy - just a good smoke.

Save your money and just purchase 2 boxes of RASS :)

That good, huh?

I like a bit of difference. Who knows - I could HATE the RASS! :laugh:

I'm open for suggestions - but I'm exhausted searching for CC's - so many ACRONYMS on the things - I'm trying to pick up the lingo as I'm running along - without getting too esoteric. I just enjoy a good smoke with friends or with my best friend - a good glass of scotch! :cool:

I'd do a box of PSD4's. Quality, cheap, and if you don't like them you could move them very very easily (once your 4 month period is up.)

That good, huh?

I'm open for suggestions - but I'm exhausted searching for CC's - so many ACRONYMS on the things - I'm trying to pick up the lingo as I'm running along - without getting too esoteric. I just enjoy a good smoke with friends or with my best friend - a good glass of scotch! :cool:

I'd do a box of PSD4's. Quality, cheap, and if you don't like them you could move them very very easily (once your 4 month period is up.)

That good, huh?

In addition to the Montes? Or replacing the Montes?

Juan Lopez Seleccion #2. I've never been a huge RASS fan. Heresy, I know!

Reviving this thread. Boy it seems hard to find authentic advice/reviews on Cubans. I've found some video reviews, but most are shaky and extremely boring. The text reviews are often short and go along the lines of "Cuban cigars are great - this is my first one! Love them!"

I've been doing exhaustive research and narrowed my short list down to these sticks (in boxes). I need only two boxes, totaling 50 sticks:

H. Upmann No. 2 - I've read some bad reviews of boxes of Monte 2's, showing significant issues with draw. I originally wanted the Montes, but CA has consistently rated the H.Upmann as superior to the Monte - the cigar bought by those 'in the know.

Partagas Series D. No. 4 – The talk of the town, but I’ve heard some bad things about quality control on these as well. Too many people buying them? I’m sure I’d love them – if not they don’t sound like they’d be too hard to get rid of!

Cohiba Siglo II – Great size for an easy smoke and something all my friends would love to be handed. It carries the name plus consistency, as well as being on sale for a little over $20 less than normal.

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 – This is the wild card. I haven’t researched this cigar as extensively but several reviewers point that this stick has what the PSD4 is lacking in quality. Looks like a safe bet.

I’m considering the H. Upmanns with the Cohibas. Also, my seller lists and suggests the option of opening the boxes and padding them for shipping, otherwise they would not be liable for damage. Sound advice?

Thanks all! I hope to join into the regular pages and get going with some passes soon!

EDIT TO ADD: I just discovered I can purchase three packs of the Hoyos and Partagas I listed, for a bit more - but they're in tubes and I can try them! Might do this...

My 2 cents..Don't buy boxes of something you've never tried, big mistake. Get fivers of each then go for the box. You'll thank me.

I ordered the box of Cohibas. Tried and tested there. And I also ordered two three packs - one of the PSD4 and one of the Hoyo Epi 2. I'm excited!

Now, time to build a coolerdo for the boxes to come after this purchase!

A care package from the South arrived a few days ago. Thought I would share some photos.

null.jpg

null-2.jpg

null-3.jpg

null-6.jpg

null-8.jpg

/moochon

No...you should share some cigars...with me!

/moochoff

....how'd I do Tone?

Good luck getting your new old humi filled up. Does the placement of the warranty seals bother anyone but me since the crease isn't centered on the coat of arms on 2 of the boxes? Or maybe just one as I can't see the Partagas box well enough in the picture. I am far from an expert on the subject so hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

On another subject, OP, I love your handle as a long time Top Gear fan. My 2.5 year old son wants to be the Stig when he grows up.