• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dulce de Leche with bourbon

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I had this on a brownie the other day...OH MY GOD! I begged for the recipe and this is what I was given. Lots of work but seriously good.

Needed:
1 gallon Goat’s milk
4 cups sugar
Vanilla extract or one whole vanilla bean
Baking soda
¾ cup bourbon
Heavy pot

Step 1: Assemble ingredients & mix 1 teaspoon baking soda in 2 Tablespoons water to dissolve

Step 2: Pour 1 gallon goat milk into heavy pot with 4 cups sugar, ¾ tablespoon of cinnamon and 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (or 1 large plump vanilla bean). Stir well

Step 3: Bring to a simmer (stirring occasionally to keep mixture from sticking to bottom of pan)

Step 4: Remove from heat, add baking soda - it will bubble. Wait until bubbles calm down and put back on heat. Adjust heat to keep at a good simmer (not boil), stirring occasionally.

Step 5: Keep sauce at a hard simmer. At this point you need to stir regularly to keep mixture from sticking to bottom of pan. You will have some thick residue stick to side of pan, not much, and a slight film floating on top.

Step 6: At this point adjust heat to keep at hard simmer and NOT BOIL. Stir often to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Have a glass of cold water ready at this point and as you near 4 hours add the bourbon slowly. Once the thickness you desire is close start dropping a bit of caramel into the water. When it forms soft balls it is ready.

Step 7: Strain through mesh sieve.

Step 8: Fill your storage container (clean, sterilized jars work well).

Look at your heavy pan and sieve after all is poured out and hopefully notice there are no thick pieces or burnt pieces on bottom of pan which will affect the taste of your caramel.

Refrigerate until ready to use and enjoy. If your caramel sauce is too thick you can add a tablespoon of water and heat slowly - carefully adding a tad bit of water until consistency you wish. If too thin, put back on heat and keep processing at a hard simmer until consistency you wish. NOTE: Sauce thickens more as it cools. Be very careful as it can go too thick quickly or burn - it is best to be very careful and watchful.

Use on ice cream, brownies, baked apples, apple pie, in coffee or tea, on oatmeal for breakfast, drizzled on cinnamon bagels, etc. - Use your imagination.

Yield from 1 gallon goat milk - approx. 2 full pints. You will have a bit more yield if you make a thinner sauce (More bourbon.)