• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bourbon - Maple - Bacon

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
ICE CREAM!

You'll need:

5 strips bacon
2 tsp. light brown sugar
6 egg yolks
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/3 cup grade A pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup bourbon
Ice Cream Maker

Combine the cream, milk, brown sugar, and salt in a large saucepan and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat. Put the yolks in a heat-proof bowl and whisk lightly. When the cream mixture is starting to steam and tiny bubbles have formed along the edge, whisk a cup or so, ¼ cup at a time, into the yolks. The idea here is the raise the temperature of the eggs so they won’t curdle when added to cream. Once the eggs are tempered, slowly whisk them into the cream mixture. Stirring constantly, add the bourbon and cook over low heat roughly 5 minutes, or until the cream mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon

Remove from heat, and pour through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Stir in the vanilla. Refrigerate the mixture until thoroughly chilled, at least 5 hours.

Preheat the oven to 400F.

Lay the strips of bacon on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or aluminum foil. Sprinkle 1 1/2-2 tsp. of light brown sugar evenly over each strip of bacon. Bake for 12-16 minutes, flipping half way, and sprinkling with remaining light brown sugar. Cool on a wire rack, and once cooled, chop or cut into small pieces.

Transfer the custard mixture to an ice cream maker. Then process according to your ice-cream maker’s instructions, noting that the ice cream could be quite runny after 20 – 30 minutes of churning. Add the crumbled bacon in the last minute or two of processing. Spoon ice cream out of ice cream maker and freeze for as long as you can, preferably overnight for a well-cured scoop.

Pig out.

Damn. I just got chest pain. I still have to try the bacon dip!

It is just WRONG to post this at 9:00 at night!

But I can promise you, I will be at the grocery store tomorrow to pick up supplies to give this a try.

Thanks Ray!

Ray, you are a bad bad man. A brewery at our Brewfest had maple-bacon beer... This is taking it to a new level. Dangerous.

Jesus of cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide

Haha I heard that song on the radio the other day. Thought of your ass.

Edit: Well, not your ass.. but you know... :laugh:

You haven't tried the dip yet Domingo? You are clearly missing out. I'll have to put this on the list of things to make in a few months. I like ice cream in colder weather so it won't melt as fast.