• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NERF?

CigarAsh

Has anyone got any info on the New Englan HERF? Its usualy in March.

Worester at cigar masters , although it might be named something different now

I used to attend this in Boston at church ills...is this what you are referring to?

That probally has to do with monies missing for the charity "Wednesday Child" 
I wouldn't  give a dime to go after what happened  two years ago when it was hosted in Worcester, Ma.  It's unfortunate really, a few greedy members allegedly pocketed cash.
Of course this is just my opinion, spend your hard earned cash anyway you want.

Fpkjr said:
I wouldn't  give a dime to go after what happened  two years ago when it was hosted in Worcester, Ma.  It's unfortunate really, a few greedy members allegedly pocketed cash.

That's too bad.

Character comes out in good and bad ways...and that's not good.

Nice to see you Frank...let me know when your up for a smoke!

Dickson...what's going on!!

grateful1 said:

That's too bad.

Character comes out in good and bad ways...and that's not good.

Nice to see you Frank...let me know when your up for a smoke!

Dickson...what's going on!!

Hit a rough patch my brother, attempting to get back on my feet. Things are starting to get better though. Going to take it slow and easy. Missed all my Brothers of the Leaf. Looking forward to Herfing and getting back in touch(Hopefully in person) with all of my closest brothers. Hoping all is well with you and yours. We shall connect. In the meantime smoke a big fat one in memory of those affected by the tragedy in Boston. My prayers and tears too all.....

Fpkjr said:

Sorry to bump this sad thread, but what you wrote is a lie, Fpkjr.  I know the NERF crew guys.  Nobody ever took a dime.  Those were stand-up guys who love cigars.

Think – after 11 years of a great event, they suddenly decide to take money from special-needs orphans?  C’mon, that doesn’t even make sense.

I mentioned your post and the guys do know you, Frank.  I got lots of rolled eyes and shaking heads.  They recall when you tried to lead the crew last year and not one crew member would support you.  I have the emails, some from you, to prove this and I will post here if it helps jog your memory.

So I get the reason for your lie; but why spit on the grave of a great event?  Your life is too full for that, right?

Of course, if you want to offer any support for your lie, we’re all ears.  Whatcha got?

There are always 3 sides. It is sad that a fund raising event has died.

No way a lie!
Paul made it quite clear in his email after giving Wednesday Child close to 4000 when the event was at Churchill's when admission was free, Then the event was moved to Worcester and you asshats charged a door fee and more then quadrupled the attendance, Wednesday Child receives a little over 1000
That's why you and everyone involved is being investigated
I've already gave my version to Ma authorities , funny you don't mention that? Unless you weren't asked, which brings up quite a few questions.
Get a good lawyer.

RE: ilikefishes you're absolutely right a few bad apples ruined a great event

Lead the group hardly

First off, Frank... After what went on between you and I, my name should NOT be crossing your lips! When the event WAS at Churchills, we DID give more money to a very thankful Jack Williams. It was a great cause. We put between 100-125 guys in the room there. We also had more silent auction items, and in Worcester, the LIVE auction was omitted. That generated a decent amount of money. Next, Barry, at Churchills was VERY generous in DONATING the room for the day, where Cigar Masters (Worcester) charged for the room... Also, they insisted on running their own raffle, with a 'portion' of the proceeds going to 'Wednesdays Child'... If you want scumbaggery, THAT is the place to start. I could say a lot more about this establishment, but to avoid legal ramifications, I won't. There were a lot of costs going into the production, as the event grew. Also, the attendance number NEVER QUADRUPLED. This is your lack of involvement, which led to your misinformation. There were expenses that were not clarified, but NOBODY in the NEWK has been accused of STEALING any monies, there ARE NO 'investgations' going on, as you claim, and you gave no 'authorities' any 'version', as your involvement was minimal, to say the least. Was I hot about what went on, yes, with many different aspects of it. Will I trash the event, or anyone who put hard work into it for many years?  NO.... Truth is the truth, whether you like it or not. You came along and thought YOU were going to step on toes and run the show when Chuck Berry stepped down. WE, collectively, were not having that.

For all others reading this post, The NEWK, which I was honored to be a part of, enjoyed putting on this event every year. It WAS a group of standup guys who had great comraderie, and always did the right thing. It devolved at some point, and even the best music groups part ways. Well, except the stones! If the original NEWK members called me tomorrow and said 'We are organizing an event, you in?"  I'd be all over it. It was a great run...But for anyone to spew BS that someone of the NEWK was pocketing cash, THAT is complete BS....

This is what I find ironic it was you who said this was taken place and in my opinion it was you who dropped the dime on both NEWK and the tax evasion of the former CigarMaster in Worcester!
Perhaps you need to take more of your antipsychotic medicine!
If you're referring to what went on between you and I, start there.

Everyone else there are other worthy causes like wounded warrior or cigarsforwarriors
Don't throw your money away by donating to this event!

Begin flaming now

Any further comment will be deleted on my end!

Have a nice day ladies

Frank, go drink anothe bottle of wine, you lush...   I never said I 'dropped a dime' on anyone. YOU are the one so delusional from your meds... we have all deleted you, as you are just a pimple on the ass of society... such a simpleton... Good riddance...

Ahhh, the good ole days.

I will have to say after the RyJ Tubos fiasco in Boston...well, I was left with a bad taste about the event.

Yes, sorry to see a charity support event go...when it's time, it's time.