• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Here We Go Again with Hurricane Joaquin

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
This hurricane stuff is getting old. The panic/mass hysteria has already been instilled into us Eastern Seaboard folks by the Weather Channel with their references to Irene and Sandy. I understand 'better safe than sorry'...but come on Weather Channel, with your 'Cone of Uncertainty' BS that allows you to predict any catastrophic event you want with no accountability?! It's already bad enough what the people in the Central East Coast areas of the Carolinas & Virginia have experienced the last 5-6 days. The Governor of Virginia has called for a state of Emergency there because of the intense rains they've already had, so it looks like they'll be prepared.... but to hammer them even further with the Weather Channel's 'War of the Worlds' type forecasts is horrible. I hope they tone it down a bit and get back to a more professional approach with their forecasts & predictions. 

The food stores are already jammed here, very little bottled water to be found, along with batteries & flashlights.

I'm so glad I moved 6 miles away from the water this past Spring...I really missed it all Summer, but so much now.

To all my brothers & sisters of the leaf near the coastal areas of the East Coast...please take care! 

The%20Cone_zps2ren8odx.jpg

Yes, everyone should certainly take care and be prepared but in reference to the comments made above, I heard them say "a life threatening storm".  It is their job to make sure that doesn't happen.  And remember Weather Forecasters and Actuaries are both paid to be wrong.

Load up on TP and bread.

I use it as an excuse to go to the beer store. :)

Cheers!

All I know is that I'm going to be pissed if it messes with my flight to CA on Monday. Depending on the forecast, I may need to move up the travel date to Saturday or Sunday. Good thing work will be paying for it either way. Getting out of Dodge.

The meteorologists are fairly confident that the storm won't come ashore, but the weather is still going to suck. Rain and costal flooding for the N.E. coast. There's also a ship missing off the coast of Florida. She got caught up in the storm when it was a Cat. 3. 33 crew members. God help them.

Doc

Thinks my of you guys on the east coast. Just heard on the radio the rain is causing a lot of flooding. Hope it lets up soon!

At least the ground ain't moving. ;)

Doc

Glad it sounds like you dodged the bullet over there.  Hope everyone stays safe.