• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First CP Europe Herf

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Brewmeister and his lovely Wife, Double D and I will be making the grand old town of Nürnberg Germany unsafe tomorrow :D

Will post pictures after the fact tomorrow evening :cool:

I'm really looking forward to meeting Tim and smoking a few good ones with him :thumbs:

You gotta watch that Brewmeister... he'll just pack up and leave in the middle of the night! No warning, no notice -- just gone! :laugh: :laugh:

OH to hoist a real German beer at a herf would be great! Enjoy yourselves, PROST! :love: :cool:

What a fabulous time!

We found ourselves at Casa del Puro (La CASA DEL HABANO ) in Nürnberg

2 floors of cigar bliss located over top of a book store, right at the Marktplatz where every year the famous Christmas Market is held.

barhabano01zl3.jpg

2nd floor Bar
humidorhabano01fk8.jpg

2nd Floor Humidor
kamin01bp6.jpg

Electric Fireplace from England lol
miethumidorhabano01vq2.jpg

3rd Floor Humidor
weinregal01mk8.jpg

Wine selection
whiskey01lq4.jpg

Just one side of the Whiskey selection... this picture doesn't do it justice.

All images courtesy of the Casa del Puro Website

Great service, atmosphere and :0 what a selection. (BTW those pictures are of TWO fully stocked humidors, and not two different views of one. They also had a very large pipe and pipe tobacco selection

I was so hectic this morning and forgot my camera (charged the battery and formated the SD card too :( ) so no pictures of the actual herf, Tim had his wife take a few pictures of us enjoying a few good cigars so I'm sure he will post them later.

After a lethargic few hours at the Casa we picked up shop and walked to the Barfuesser Bierkeller to have lunch. Sack I'm sorry to say I was the only one who partaked of a cold German Dunkel Bier, the rest of the gang drank the German specialty "Spezi" which is a mix of orange soda and cola. The food was excellent and other than two yahoos testing some sound equipment for a private party later that night, we had an excellent time and enjoyed a few more good cigars including a mystery cigar Dennis Hawk sent me and an excellent little power house Tim gifted both Dale and I.

I can not express how nice both Tim and his wife are. He showed up with a 30 count herf-a-dor whipped it out and told us to feel free to grab whatever we wanted. We also brought a few "hard to get" cigars for him but were humbled by his generosity.

Today my fellow BOTLs was a great day. And if you ever have the opportunity to herf with the Brewmeister DO IT! He is one hell of a guy! :thumbs:

*edit* to add more info.

Tim is one helluva botl and very generous. It was lovely afternoon and I was happy to have the oppurtunity to meet Tim and his lovely wife. this was the first time I had been to this particular cigar lounge truly nice and awesome service very comfortable.

Just wanted to add...

My Promised ACID testing will be delayed for at least a month, I blew about two months cigar budget in less than an hour today :blush: :laugh:

Hey, that was really nice. You guys don't get to do this often with
your US BOTL's, I'm sure it was special. Nice pics BTW, looks like a well
organized B&M.

I guess you have to watch the sky these days, you never know what may fall out. ;)

Brian

Those pictures are the kinda place I want to open up some day..Damn I am jealous..

organized B&M.

I guess you have to watch the sky these days, you never know what may fall out. ;)

Brian

:0 I've heard about you mister! *goes and runs off to warn German Strategic Command!*

In all seriousness, it was really a fine day. And Dale and I both hope to meet more fellow CPers in the future.

There is one heck of a brotherhood at this board. :thumbs:

And Shooter, the pictures in no way do the place justice. I'm going to ask if I can move in if I ever win the Lottery lol

organized B&M.

Brian

:0 I've heard about you mister! *goes and runs off to warn German Strategic Command!*

In all seriousness, it was really a fine day. And Dale and I both hope to meet more fellow CPers in the future.

There is one heck of a brotherhood at this board. :thumbs:

And Shooter, the pictures in no way do the place justice. I'm going to ask if I can move in if I ever win the Lottery lol
If you hit the lottery WURM, make it double occupancy! :laugh: :cool:

Where is the pics of you guys? No cameras overseas?
Yup, we need pics!! Tim is better to herf with when he has his bro-in-law in tow :whistling: ...... :laugh:

Dennis, in your avatar, which one is you and which one is Steve ???

:sign:

Well, show me the way
To the next whiskey bar
Oh, don't ask why
Oh, don't ask why
Show me the way
To the next whiskey bar
Oh, don't ask why
Oh, don't ask why
For if we don't find
The next whiskey bar
I tell you we must die
I tell you we must die
I tell you, I tell you
I tell you we must die

Not a bad selection for a retail place. ;)

Pics of the loot you picked up Wurm!!!

Great looking place to herf!

Well it was a fantastic time! It was truly a pleasure to meet Double D & WURM. We couldn't have asked for two finer hosts! They meet us downtown around 1030 hours. They offered to take us where ever we'd like and we took in the local sights a bit on the way to our first stop.

The Casa del Puro was no doubt the fanciest cigar store I've ever been in, it was truly a 1st class place, it just opened in Feb. The service was great, as was the coffee and Jameson's... :) Dale and I enjoyed an excellent ISOM that supposedly was only available from this store, I can not, at the moment remember (I'm going to blame it on jet-lag) what the heck it was, maybe Dale will remember.

Here are a couple pictures, the first is on our way to the Casa del Puro(L to R - Double D; Wurm; Me):

3ofus_a.jpg
3ofus_a.jpg

Here we are at the Casa del Puro:

3ofus.jpg
3ofus_a.jpg

If we hadn't have needed a bit to eat I could have spent the entire day here, a great place! And the Mrs. found plenty to keep her happy with mini-excursions into the local stores, she bought a bunch of the typical tourist stuff and had a great time.

Double D & Wurm graciously treated us to an excellent lunch. The wife & I had a tasty Jaeger Schnitzel with all the trimmings and I enjoyed another cigar, and she found more to buy. :(

We then did a bit more window shopping. About 1700 hours we had to say our goodbyes and headed back to Weilersbach.

Double D & Wurm gave me a great selection of smokes. Very generous indeed. Wurm also gave my wife a very interesting and unique gift related to his work, a Porcelain-Foil image, I believe. Very cool.

Great couple BOTL, great cigars, fantastic food, who could ask for more.

Our thanks to Double D and Wurm for a fantastic and memorable day! We'll have to do it again sometime!

Tim looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos.