• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ardbeg "Airigh Nam Beist"

Rebel Herfer

Adiskide honekin, orduak labur!
Santa was VERY kind to me this year. Amoung the bounty was this blockbuster from Ardbeg the Limited Release 1990 Airigh Nam Beist known as The Beast. I got a bottle of the Arbeg 10 for Thanksgiving and left it at the family home in California so I'll have something to drink when I visit, so this was a big SURPRISE. :thumbs:

Airigh Nam Beist (pronounced `arry-nam-bayst`) which in Gaelic means `shelter of the beast`.
ardbeg_airigh.jpg_original_1.jpg

I have read the VERY flowery descriptions of this nectar and I just didn't get what they were talking about. I am a HUGE Islay Scotch fan!!!
I'm fininshing up a wee dram right now and it has MONSTER peat, smoke and a fair touch of tar. Faint hints of sea air and heather are in the distant background. Medium heavy oily fininsh with a medicinal/antiseptic (think iodine) which is an acquired taste. If I had the money and the time, I would drink a bit of this EVERY day, but then again it would not be as special. This is one gift that hit the bullseye and I can't wait to smoke a certain Boli with The Beast! :)

MONSTER peat, smoke and a fair touch of tar. Faint hints of sea air and heather are in the distant background. Medium heavy oily fininsh with a medicinal/antiseptic (think iodine) which is an acquired taste.

Mmmmmm... sounds tasty Jeff! ???

No really... I'm sure if I could just have one... this would be the one I would want. :whistling: Great (and always descriptive) review! :thumbs:

NICE!!

I LOVE Ardbeg, it's probably my favorite Islay. I have a bottle of "Lord of the Isles" and WOW, it's my absolute favorite bottle in my modest collection (thanks AVB!).

I'm running low on my Uigeadail so I have another bottle coming in the mail next week. :thumbs: That stuff is 108 proof, :0 I can't handle it neat so I drop an ice cube or two in the glass when I drink it.

I'll have to add a bottle of Airigh Nam Beist the next chance I get.

For some unknown reason New Jersey has the best prices on this of anywhere in the country and this is the best of the best.

For some unknown reason New Jersey has the best prices on this of anywhere in the country and this is the best of the best.
I guess I'd better find a place in NJ to order from as 1/4 has evaporated already! :laugh: :whistling: :)