• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need really good Air Purifier

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I know this has been asked a few times already, so the only reason I'm creating a new thread is in case new equipment has come out (something better).

If you want to setup a room in your house for smoking, what air purifier do you recommend? Something that works fast and removes all cigar smell/smoke.

Thanks,
Rod

Rod said:
I know this has been asked a few times already, so the only reason I'm creating a new thread is in case new equipment has come out (something better).

If you want to setup a room in your house for smoking, what air purifier do you recommend? Something that works fast and removes all cigar smell/smoke.

Thanks,
Rod
[snapback]204560[/snapback]​

If I had something like that maybe this coming winter will not be so cold and the wife MIGHT NOT complain.

I am like Rod, any advice, anyone?

I have a "Fresh Air" by Ecoquest. It really works great. I bought it on Ebay.

Biozone is the brand I use. It works very well, and I would recommend it.

I use the Csonka products. I had a smoking room in my apartment...a few hours later, no smell. We have 4 dogs and you wouldn't know it if they didn't bark. I swear by them and they have great customer service.

3 different models...sized for whatever space you want to purify.

Hepa filtered air cleaners work ok but are expensice to operate. The replacement filters are expensive. I have a 3 filter unit sitting in my garage because I had to buy $20 filters (x3=$60) every 4 to 8 weeks. If you don't keep up with replacing the filters you end up circulating the cigar smell everytime you turn the unit on. Hepa filters are not cheap.

The Csonka has received high marks from cigar smokers. It produces ozones to eliminate the cigar contaminents. Lots of talk about how safe producing Ozones are. Interesting EPA information HERE on Ozone producing.

If you're smoke proofing a room I highly suggest installing exhaust fans as well as adding an air cleaner. This will by far help eliminate the stinch from having time to "settle" and keep the room from becoming smoky. Also, the immeadiate disposal of ashes and cigar butts will help. If the floors are carpeted you're going to have a hard time eliminating odors. Masking odor is another subject all together. Carpet fresh helps in this area.

On the subject of masking odors, the wife has a couple of Lampe Berge's that she'll burn for about 15-20 minutes if company suddenly shows up and I have been smoking in the house. It works very well in hiding the cigar smoke but our guest end up talking in french and asking us how much for an around the world. ;)

Allofus123 said:
If you're smoke proofing a room I highly suggest installing exhaust fans as well as adding an air cleaner. This will by far help eliminate the stinch from having time to "settle" and keep the room from becoming smoky. Also, the immeadiate disposal of ashes and cigar butts will help. If the floors are carpeted you're going to have a hard time eliminating odors. Masking odor is another subject all together. Carpet fresh helps in this area.

[snapback]204620[/snapback]​

100% right. Didn't think beyond the initial question. Am currently building a smoking room. I have installed an exhaust fan that is capable of turning the air over in the room every 9 minutes. That might be a little overkill, but it will not allow the smoke smell to settle in. It is quiet too.

Don't like HEPA filters. Used to use them, but they just didn't do the job in my opinion. As for ozone...maybe that explains a lot of things. :p

Wouldn't the exhaust fan waste a lot of heat in the cool months
Bill

got a csoka myself... although the wife still outlaws cigars int eh house, you'd never know I have 230# of dogs running my house! (and a couple of cats...)

wam79 said:
Bill
[snapback]204764[/snapback]​

If I were going to have the mechanical run into the room, I would worry about it. However, since we are using it as a smoking room, it will not be on the heating system. It will have a wood-burning stove in it. I only have to heat 220 square feet. The smallest stove I could find is rated for 600! I'm going to be opening the windows just to cool the place off :p . Seriously, you are right, but it is just not a big concern since I'm using wood.

cigardawg said:
wam79 said:
Bill
[snapback]204764[/snapback]​

If I were going to have the mechanical run into the room, I would worry about it. However, since we are using it as a smoking room, it will not be on the heating system. It will have a wood-burning stove in it. I only have to heat 220 square feet. The smallest stove I could find is rated for 600! I'm going to be opening the windows just to cool the place off :p . Seriously, you are right, but it is just not a big concern since I'm using wood.
[snapback]204845[/snapback]​

Makes sense
I have been away from the cold for a long time :p
I was trying to see how that would work

Bill

I agree and side w/ the Ozone method with air removal if in an enclosed area. A little research on ozone air cleaners prove to be very effective with many differnt odor. ;) Ive read to much can be dangerous and begins to put off a bleach like smell.

There is one much like the Biozone I believe but it is more upright and quiet. The commercials on TV all the time for it. What the hell is the name of it? The Ionic Breeze. I have a friend that smokes in the house and he has one...works great. Try e-Bay.

Tim