• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blank Cigar bands

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
I had participated in a group buy for some blank cigar bands a while back and have had several people ask me about where I got them. I contacted the individual that put the GB together and he told me he was considering putting together another one. The problem was that it was fairly cost prohibitive unless he was able to get an order in for 50,000 or so. This was a cross board GB last time and getting the minimum wasn't a problem. I would assume this will be another cross board GB if there is enough initial interest.

The cost on the last group buy was $30.00 for 1,000 bands and that included shipping. I am not saying that is what it would be this time if this gets off the ground. Use those numbers to get you in the ball park on the cost. If there is enough interest I'm sure the GB host will provide all the final details. I would add that this individual is very trustworthy and totally organized when he organizes a GB.

If you look at the picture I'm posting I believe you can see the small tab that pulls away to expose the glue edge. You can also pull the back off the band completely and have the whole band stick to something. I'm not sure why you would want to but you could. :) Removing only the small notched side of the band allows you to affix the band to the band after wrapping it around your cigar. Trust me, they work like a charm.

I'm sure some people would not be able to use 1,000 bands but that is as small as the GB host is going. I can't say I blame his as it is quite an undertaking to get and reship 50,000 of these bands. Some of you may want to consider splitting 1,000 between two.

I was asked to gauge the interest and get back to him. If you're interested let me know by posting on here. I'll give this to Monday and we'll see where we're at.

MVC-033S.JPG

****Top****

PG - it has to be determined first if there is enough interest in order to put the GB together. I wouldn't look for any payment requirements until after that determination has been made. In other words....this will be down the road a bit. :)

I'll top this thru the wkend and then pass the info on. I'll keep everyone posted if this individual decides this is doable and if so, ask him to come post all the details.

I'm in for a half share (500) if anyone else is interested in only splitting a 1,000 versus getting a full thousand.

Thanks,

Sam

Kenny I'll take the other half of Sammy's 1,000 if possible. However if getting 1,000 will put this GB over the top I'll change my order.

BenjieV ;)

Hey!! I wanted Sammy's other half!! You know, other half of his 1000 bands that is.

Count me in if the plan goes down.

Steve, I'll split a thousand with ya Bro! But much like benjiev, if I need to take 1,000 I will.

In for a 1000! That's only 40 boxes of cigars guys. :thumbs:

***top***

Talked to our group buy host and he indicated if we we're able to commit to approx 10,000 he felt he would have enough interest on the other boards to make it happen. I think we're somewhere around 6 to 8,000 now. He also indicated that the $30 for 1,000 would probably be the same. That price includes shipping the labels to you.

I'd sure like to get a few more people in on this. For those of you just starting to expand your inventories....trust me, you need some of these. There's nothing worst than finding a bandless cigar in your humi and finding out it was one of the best cigars you ever had. This will happen if you don't label cigars. ???

I'd just like to second that. Even if the cigar has a band, these are a great way to keep track of how old the cigar is. I'm big into aging cigars, especially my Habanas, and these bands are the ideal way of keeping track of what's what. <Jedi voice>You need some of these bands. Your life will be incomplete without them.</Jedi voice>

Wascal, I like your attitude. :thumbs:

Like I mentioned above I would like to see this buy happen so I'll change my buy and make an even 1,000 to move this toward hitting our goal ;)

Thanks Kenny for spearheading this for us.

BenjieV :D

sibernation said:
Hmmmm, This may be better than writing on the cigar with white-out :p
Yeah Ed , but you'll miss that nice chalky flavor from your cigars! :D

Thanks everyone! It looks like we'll have at least 10,000. I've sent a message to the individual that will be hosting this and asked him to take over here. I will be out of town for the next 4 or 5 days and figured it best if I move out of the way. :) Not sure when he'll get over here and post so check on this thread from time to time.

I don't know if there has been an inquiry at the other boards yet so I'll have to let the GB host let yall know the timeing of everything. Whatever time it takes will be worth it....I promise! :thumbs: